The morbidly overweight airline passengers who spill over into another passenger's armrest, do u think they should pay for 2 seats instead ?

airplane

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 11:43 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes. I have had a hugely obese man sit next to me on a flight and he spilled over into MY seat, sweaty,and gross and he made my leg sweaty too. I \was really uncomfortable. He needed TWO seats. And he needed a psychiatrist-- because a man who allows himself to get THAT fat has a real emotional problem.
    Yes, make them buy two seats.
    If they don't like it---they can lose weight.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• If they don't like it---they can lose weight.

Hrm, minnesotaNICE...time for another name change already?

There are a lot of annoying people on planes. The opinionated little grannies who will not shut up, and are too clueless to take a hint. Screaming babies. Drooling, passed out drunks. White knuckle fliers who sweat so much they smell like a locker room before the plane levels out. Are you going to charge all of them extra to make a one seat buffer, too?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:12 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Sorry, if you are too large to comfortably contain your body in one seat, and are encroaching into the space of another seat(and space of another PAYING passenger) then you should pay for both seats.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:59 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I think people should pay for the number of seats they use, just like in any situation. That isn't, or shouldn't be, any insult to anyone - it's just life.
    DanielleDes

Answer by DanielleDes at 2:15 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• There are a lot of annoying people on planes.

Not only that- what about the very, very tall- the man behind me had no choice but have his knees in my chair the whole trip from CO to CA because physically he could not squeeze in that little space and for whatever reason they did not give him an exit row. Should he have to pay for the extra seat in front of him and if he didn't like it should he have his legs cut off at the knee? Come on now-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 12:39 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Yes. You'll always have to deal with various annoyances on a plane, but you shouldn't be forced to share your seat (that you paid for) because someone can't fit into theirs.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:56 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I don't care if they make them PAY for it, but if they need two seats, they need to have two seats so it doesn't interfere with the other passengers' ability to enjoy the flight they purchased.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:09 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I think the airlines should just make seats that are large enough to accomodate people in general. I'm a size 2 and the last time I flew (which was a 9 hr flight btw) I could barely get out of my seat to go to the bathroom when the person in front of me had their seat reclined.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:46 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Hrm, minnesotaNICE...time for another name change already?

Pretty active new poster. Joined March 15 and already knows her way around. Didn't someone just bring up recycled Moms?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I'm flying next week, 8 hr. flight. I didn't spend all this money to share my seat with someone else, regardless of weight, drunkedness etc. If you're so large that you need 2 seats then you should be assigned just that. I see nothing wrong with a fee, but charging them full airfare twice would be wrong. The morbidly obese are people too, they have feelings and emotions just like the rest of us.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:48 AM on Mar. 26, 2011