If he loves me so much then way does he hurt me so bad>

He lies, and thinks nothing about the cruel things he says.

What should I do? I love him but I know that I can't be with him anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• Love doesn't have to hurt! Not like that anyway! People that love you don't lie to you constantly and purposefully say things to hurt you.

Here is the bible's definition of LOVE:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. 1 Corinthians 13:4
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 11:58 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• If you cant trust him, and he constantly lies, you need to ask yourself if you deserve more...the answer is yes. Life is way to short to spend it with someone who doesnt treat you well...I'm sure you are an amazing person, with great qualities....just dont short change yourself. If you believe the lies he tells you, then he is winning... call family or friends, and make sure you have a place to go...if not, there are tons of temporary housing facilities all over the country who are more than happy to lend a helping hand to someone in need. good luck to you
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 11:51 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• He hurts you because you allow it. Hard lesson I had to learn... yes, leave.
    irenekanderson

Answer by irenekanderson at 11:56 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• You know i always hear people say "JUST LEAVE" like it's just that easy. I'm sure you have invested a lot in this marriage. I was in your shoes at one time. My husband became very mean saying hurtful words & acting so closed off like he didn't care as much. I loved him too much to give up on him & decided i was going to get to the root of the problem & do whatever i needed to save our marriage. Turns out he suffers from PTSD from deploying several times & caused anger problems. Because of it he started shutting down emotionally. That was 4 years ago & he is doing great & is a totally different man. If you are ready to leave then do so but if you feel like there is something worth saving then it doesn't hurt to try.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Seems to me that you've made up your mind already. :) "I love him but I know that I can't be w/ him anymore". No one deserves to be lied to or mistreated by someone who "loves" them. I don't know what your situation is w/ this guy. What's been said or done between you two. But if you've called him on his lies and cruelty, and he's continued to be that way, then I feel that you're def. making the right decision!! I wish you the best!
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 12:08 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Need a little more info. Does he say really bad mean things & still tells you he loves you? Maybe he has an anger problem? Have you tried counseling?
    Anonymous

• i agree with anon.. i need a little bit more info. what does he lie about ? what are the cruel things he says to you ?
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 11:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I'm not religious, but I love that scripture.

If he does not fit the definition...move on.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:13 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Leave. Simple
    Augusta

Answer by Augusta at 12:19 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Yep. Leave him.
    You deserve to be happy, and if that isnt a priority for him, then you need to move on. He is SHOWING you he doesnt care, and saying he does. Actions DO speak louder than words...
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 12:33 AM on Mar. 26, 2011