If a person wasn't baptised

but accepts Jesus as their personal savior...do they go to heaven or hell when they die?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• cont.

Sometimes, people have confused water baptism with the baptism into the Body of Christ (being saved). In Acts 2, when Peter preached about the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus, he said: “Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost” (verse 38). When a person is born again, he is baptized by the Holy Spirit into the Body of Christ. This is not water baptism. Water baptism is not the baptism that saves. It is the precious blood that Jesus shed on the cross, not water, which cleanses us from sin. (See Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 9:22; Revelation 1:5.)

I hope this helps and gives you peace regarding your salvation and the role of water baptism. If you have other questions or just need prayer... let me know or PM me.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 4:22 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Neither. Heaven and Hell do not exist.
    Anonymous

• Well, seeing as how I'm Buddhist I don't think it matters one iota whether or not a person is baptised OR whether or not they accept Jesus Christ as their personal savior. I think what matters is how you live your life.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:12 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Everyone sins. Baptism is to "wash away" your sins. If you do not repent and get baptized then, yes, your sins will buy a first class ticket to hell.
    Anonymous

• For most Christians, being baptized is a public display of showing that they've accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior, not an act designed to wash away sins. So yes, you would still go to Heaven.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:15 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• You will still go to heaven. Baptism isn't what washes away your sins... it's the blood of Jesus that was shed on the cross.

bonn777

• I for one do not believe in "heaven" or "hell" in the christian sence of the words... But I was raised christian and have studied it for many years... So here's my take.

No matter if you are baptized or not what matters is your relationship with your god and the actions you take while you are alive... I can't imagine that a "loving" god would doom someone to an eternity of hell just because they didn't get baptized... It's symbolic. That's all... If they are a good person I can't see how it would really matter to God...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:25 PM on Nov. 26, 2008