What is an eclectic pagan?

I saw a few people say this was their religion on a different post, just wondering what that is exactly

tirelessefforts

Asked by tirelessefforts at 11:50 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Eclectic is just taking inspiration from several different paths and melding them together. It's kind of like being interdenominational if you're Christian :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:56 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I don't think you can get any better answers than the ones on here. I'm sure one could get a little more wordy, but I think everybody covered it :)
    MathairMeg

Answer by MathairMeg at 12:03 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:53 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I don't follow a specific Wiccan Tradition. I personally mix Wiccan and Native American beliefs. But each pagan is a little different. One might mix two or three traditions or perhaps mix it with another religion all together.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I am not Pagan but I always thought of it as somebody who does a little bit of this and a little bit of that from several different Pagan traditions and personalizing them to fit their own needs. It seems so much better to be able to do it that way instead of sticking to the ''rules'' and traditions of one. That way, the person can do whatever feels comfortable for them and makes sense for their personal needs.
    ZBandMom

Answer by ZBandMom at 12:07 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Being an eclectic pagan is like my being an interdernominational 'christian' . I pull beliefs from MANY religions (buddhism, for example) so while I wouldn't necessarily call myself a straight Christian, it is the one I MOST identify with. An eclectic Pagan would be someone similar- they would have pulled beliefs from other places that helped shape the spirituality they currently have, and the Pagan religion is the one they most identify with (I believe).
    OmbreGracieuse

Answer by OmbreGracieuse at 12:08 AM on Mar. 26, 2011