Protecting cells, rows, and columns in Excel 2003

I can figure out how to protect the whole sheet so no changes can be made, but I only want to protect certain cells. I know it can be done, but I can't figure it out on this version of Microsoft Office Excel 2003. Can anyone help me?

kerijeanbean

Asked by kerijeanbean at 12:01 AM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Technology

• If you can wait til Monday than yes, when i go back to work I'll take a look through my notes from an advanced Excel class I took a few weeks ago (which apparently I was not as advanced & prepared for as I thought). Lol. BUT... I am a good notetaker & think I can help with the assistance of my references. Good luck!
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 12:23 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I have done it before but I think that was on an older version of Excel. I just can't find it in this. Why do they have to move things with every new version. I am in no hurry so Monday will be fine. I am making a phone message template, so I can easily email the messages to my boss. It isn't needed right away.
    kerijeanbean

Comment by kerijeanbean (original poster) at 12:27 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Highlight the cells you wish to protect, right-click, select format cells, click on the protection tab

Answer by rkoloms at 5:47 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Then click review, protect sheet

• My brother and I played with it today and we can't protect just the cells for some reason it wants to lock all the cells and I need to be able to enter information in some of the cells. This is what happens when you work for yourself no company to fall back on for help. LOL
    kerijeanbean

Comment by kerijeanbean (original poster) at 9:33 PM on Mar. 27, 2011