Skin care

Have you ever been to see a skin care specialist/esthetician?

If you haven't, why? Do you just have great skin, is it a funds thing, not having enough time to do it... what?

spastic_poodle

Asked by spastic_poodle at 12:02 AM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I haven't....guess thats cause #1, the cost.....# 2, my face is really sensitive to what I put on it... so would probably make me hesitant to see them...
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 12:04 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I am one and the benefit of seeing an esthetician is we know skin and can recommend the correct skin care products for your skin type.

I enjoy my facials... its about me taking care of me!
    dabsbeauty

Answer by dabsbeauty at 12:22 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I'm one too :) I'm just curious as to why so many don't come in for treatments/ pampering and want to do what I can to change that where I see clients.
    spastic_poodle

Comment by spastic_poodle (original poster) at 12:29 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• i guess it's money. I had this birth control that made me break out like crazy. I wanted to get it check out, but I don't have the money for it. What do you think I should do?
    scottshoney

Answer by scottshoney at 12:34 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I think a turn off for a lot of clients who do go see a facialist and don't return, is that *some facialists* are too overly pushy with the product line they sell and point out too many flaws. For the occasional client who has recieved a gift certificate for a visit, or has a bit of splurge money in their pocket that they chose to spend of a facial, the key is to make them feel as pampered and pretty as possible. Showing htem all the problems "under the hood" with the magnifiying lighted mirror, makes them less likely to come back.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 12:42 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Nope. I guess it just never came uo.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 1:00 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• No, I have not, and it has nothing to do with money. The reason is that I know my skin best.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• i truly believe that good skin comes from a good diet...and a full nights sleep!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:49 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I have really good skin....lots of water and a good moisturizer are the reasons.
    sonja911

Answer by sonja911 at 9:09 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I've never been, never even thought about it to be honest. I'd probably use the money elsewear though, if I had it.
    mlynette81

Answer by mlynette81 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 26, 2011