A battle of the sexes( whose right on this one)?

My husband has a bad habit of buying really pricey items and then selling them for next to nothing. About three years ago he purchased a laptop for 900. not to expensive .well ,he was sick of it cause he said it was slower than he wanted .our internet is 15 mb. well today he sold the laptop for a hundred . It was a 17" screen hp .His argument is that the laptop depreciated.or over time lost value my argument is I'm sick of him buying things full price to practically give em away. It was fine before we had kids but come on.

chedda

Asked by chedda at 12:06 AM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• wow... he needs a good old dose of commonsense. this is ridiculous!!!!!!
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 12:07 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• well first of all, I wanna come to your yard sales!! lol but no, I don't blame you here...depreciated?? ya, maybe $200 bucks or so...but to sell it for $100??? thats just crazy...
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 12:08 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I agree that the computer was worth next to nothing now. Computers depreciate faster than cars. I also agree that it is wrong to keep buying pricey stuff and selling for next to nothing. This time your DH was right though.

dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 12:11 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• he needs to find less expensive items if he insists on selling them before he's gotten his money's worth out of it
    tirelessefforts

Answer by tirelessefforts at 12:11 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Yea it depriciates some but not 800 dallors. They got it for next to nothing. I would be mad too.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 12:14 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• My hubby generally buys really expensive things and then when the next best thing comes along, he sells his on craigslist. He generally makes ok money. Has your hubby tried this route?
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 12:15 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Yes hubby does Craigslist and eBay. Also tab key was off
    chedda

Comment by chedda (original poster) at 12:18 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I think you both have valid points
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 12:20 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Id have to agree with you, especially if its become a regular thing that he does. Having kids, we have to watch the expenses more closely.
    JLP2009

Answer by JLP2009 at 12:29 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• If the computer still worked, he could have let the kids use it and get you two another one. But if he practically gives it away, he might as well just give it away. It also could probably used a system restore. Sometimes when you use it over time you tend to accumulate things on there that you no longer use. That could have helped too. Is he one of these materialistic types?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:29 AM on Mar. 26, 2011