Locating a non-custodial parent

I know where my daughter's father is but I have no way to get his address or where he is working. It is possible that he's working at a Mexican restaurant somewhere where he is residing but there are many of them. Should I tell my lawyer this information? Do you think that it would be enough information to locate them if I gave her all addresses and phone numbers of every Mexican restaurant in that town?

proudmom2510

Asked by proudmom2510 at 12:15 AM on Mar. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• Is there any way you can call the restaurants to see if he works there? Just call and ask if so and so is working. If you don't want to do that, you can post an ad for 2 weeks in the local paper of the city and see if he responds.
    Jenniy

Answer by Jenniy at 12:21 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Is he on myspace or facebook? Do you know where any of his relative live?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:22 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Is he working off the record? He is going to move on when he is located. The lawyer is going to cost a fortune to locate him that way. Why do you want to find him?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:25 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I know where his cousin lives, but he is also keeping his information from me. No one that he is living with will tell me the address or if and where he is working. Most of his family is in Mexico.
    proudmom2510

Comment by proudmom2510 (original poster) at 12:25 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I'm tryin to get him for child support. And she doesn't charge me anything to locate him. She's already had to locate him several times.
    proudmom2510

Comment by proudmom2510 (original poster) at 12:26 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I would give the lawyer the cousin's address and tell him that is the closest you can get to his address. The lawyer should know how to track him down.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:27 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• tk a try
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 2:07 AM on Mar. 26, 2011