He is sleeping face down sometimes.

My son is almost 9 months old (the 1st he will be 9 months old) When I put him down for his nap I put him on his back but when I go in to check on him he is on his tummy face down as well it scares me so I turn him over back onto his back needless to say he wakes up and is cranky because I woke him up how do I get him to stop turning over?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can't.

My dr told me that once they learn how to turn over, not to worry...But my kids heads always had their head turned to the side when I checked up on them.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 12:54 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Maybe just try turning his face so his nose isn't in the mattress, instead of turning his whole body?
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 12:55 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• My kids did the same thing, when they were newborns I used the SIDDS mat, It might work for him unless he is too strong for the SIDDS mat to hold him in place, but if it keeps happening, don't turn him back on his back, just turn his head to the side and keep checking on him, my kids enjoyed sleeping on their tummies the best!
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 12:57 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• not to worry.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 1:02 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• You can't. And there's no need to turn them over...doctor's say it's fine, if they roll that way. DD is 6 months and I'll put her down on her back, and come back to check on her and she's on her side. If it really bothers you, just turn his head slightly, so his nose is clear. There's no sense in completely rearranging him, because he'll eventually roll back over to what's comfortable. Just keep an eye on him. Do you have a monitor?
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 5:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I have tried just turning his head but he turns it back with in a few mins. I don't have a monitor looking into the video kind this week when DH gets paid I was going to get 1 for him. I do co sleep he doesn't do it at night I guess because he is snuggled up next to me sometimes I lay down with him when he naps and he doesn't do it then but some days I can't lay down with him. Thank you everyone for all the responses.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:27 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• mine does dometimes at night but he screams his head off when he wakes up
    ja2010

Answer by ja2010 at 11:25 AM on Mar. 28, 2011