Do most babies do this when introduced to formula?

my lo is 3.5 months old and eating more than i can pump while im at work. i decided to give him formula to make up for the amount i dont have for him i usually pump about 2 or 3 oz a night but he eats around 4 or 5. . we started doing this during the week and he has seemed great but thenm last night he had a big blowout and his poop was almost grey! he is running a tiny fever today so it could be due to whatever thats all about. . . but wanted to see if any moms experienced that /when introducing formula after bfing first.

i dont need any advice on how to pump more milk. . etc. i would like to but i just dont have spare time in my day and im fine with what im doing thanx.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would say to talk ot your pediatrician... But I didnt breastfeed my DS, but I did with my DD and I the same as you didnt have the time...But both of my children needed to drink the soy formula because as infants they were allergic to the reg. formula, maybe that's whats going on. But when they turned 1 I put them on reg milk and they did fine, maybe he doesnt agree with the reg formula, like I said talk to the Doc.
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 12:54 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Formula can indeed produce the results you're seeing.

You pump three ounces at *night? WOW! Most women get drops once the sun goes down! *If* you can manage it, you might try the AM to see how you do... supply is highest then and if you do that much at night I bet you can get the five ounces in the AM.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:37 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Talk to your pedi. Maybe your LO just doesn't take well to that brand. I started with Enfamil, but has to switch to Similac because of WIC...I switched slowly, by combining the two, and DD was fine.
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 5:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• i am actually having a issue wit my lil 1 who is only 16 days old n he hasnt pooped since i introduced him 2 formula cause i was given narcotic pain meds 4 a migraine n had 2 pump n dump ... doctor told me it was ok n if he hasnt pooped n 3 days then bringhim n 2 c him
    id say call ur doctor n let them know whats going on with ur lil 1
    dbarkley101306

Answer by dbarkley101306 at 10:45 PM on Mar. 26, 2011