Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

What can me or my family do about this situation?

My cousin is 22 she has a 2 and 1 yr old she never has worked once her baby daddy got locked up she found someone else and he is 25 not working has a record lives with his mom and she doesnt watch her kids at all today she left them with my mom for what was suppose to be an hour she was gone for almost 5 her youngest had dihrrea and she left them with no extra clothes pampers wipes nothing at all and she upset becasue we on her case so she decided to move to arkansas to day with her girls and bf, anything we can do, she doesnt take care of them at all she always out with her guy friends my aunt her mom watches them along her brothers and our grandma my so and i have done it couple of times as has my mom.

Answer Question

Asked by Snavarro08 at 1:24 AM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Relationships

Level 11 (594 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • call cps

    Answer by mamawilbur at 1:27 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

  • I'll second that. Call CPS. TONIGHT.

    Answer by gdiamante at 1:27 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

  • contact me.

    Do you have proff?

    reciepts(plz excuse my spelling) ?

    Y'all could file for coustody ?

    The only other option would be CPS, and you may never see them again :(.

    Answer by SissyAnn141 at 2:08 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

  • I often hear this ugly story rear up. There is never a good answer is there? CPS will step in but on how much? If she does not feel she has a problem then all the caretakers in her life do. I'm sorry.


    Answer by rosetoes at 3:44 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

  • Nothing you can do but call CPS for well checks (if they still do that). These stories break my heart.

    Answer by meooma at 7:54 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

  • The only thing you can do is call CPS, or get the police to do a welfare check, and THEY can call CPS if they feel it's necessary, which is probably a better bet, since CPS will more than likely come out right away if they call.

    Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:46 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

  • Would anyone in your family be willing to step in and take the children? Would your sister be willing to give some kind of legal custody over to someone in your family possibly her mom? It sounds like she just wants to live her life and not be tied down with her children, which is so sad. Try and talk to her maybe she would be willing to give even temporary custody over to someone in the family. The children would then get the stability they need and still have their mom be a part of their lives. I hope and pray everything works out. Please keep us posted.

    Answer by Kellyjude1 at 8:51 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

  • my cousin has yet to leave she cant find anyone willing to take her to arkansas and she has no ob so no money for bus and my aunt got temporary custody of the girls so she cant take them

    Comment by Snavarro08 (original poster) at 4:40 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.