What is a fun Easter baking/decorating for a 18 month old?

Im a very decorative fun out going mom that has a DS that is 18months old!!! Now my DH on the other hand prefers the tv and a game. I want to do something fun with my DS for Easter!!

Any ideas, it would be much thank and appreciated!!!

Manda725

Asked by Manda725 at 1:33 AM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I havent even thought about this yet! My boys are 18 months also. I would do the whole cotton ball bunny but I'm pretty sure my boys would eat the cotton balls. wait, no. i know they will lol
    Ill probably have them color some "eggs" ill just cut out big eggs and letthem color them. then i could hang those up.
    I'll be checking back to see if anyone else has some good ideas!
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:38 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• We make bunny cake. At 18 months, yours are probably a little young to do a whole lot, but they'd still like it I bet. Just bake your favorite cake in two round cake pans, then after they cool, cut one round to make the ears and bow tie with like this:

Then you just put it all together and frost it with the whole round one making the face. We've done chocolate bunnies and vanilla bunnies, and all kindsa colors of bowties and inside the ears, and sprinkles in the bowties, all kindsa stuff. My girls love it. :)

DanielleDes

Answer by DanielleDes at 2:08 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Make sugar cookies in cut out shapes for easter and then use powder sugar with a little water and food color to make edible paint and let the kid paint his own eater decorations. You can also cut out egg shapes by hand and let him paint them with the edible paint himself. Varnish and hang on a ribbon when done to give it as a gift to grandparents.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:43 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• crayons are safe and alot less messy for egg coloring for the little ones.
    AmandaV.

Answer by AmandaV. at 5:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• color pages
    ja2010

Answer by ja2010 at 10:58 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Sugar cookies are a good bet in Easter shapes, you can use the small tubes of colored frosting and it won't get too messy. I loved making cookies with my mom as a kid. You can also buy premade cookies in Easter shapes if you don't want the mess of making the cookies. You could also make a an Easter Basket cake. Take cupcakes and use a black twizzler for the handle and put jelly beans on top for the Easter eggs, coconut wither plain or dyed green for the Easter grass, you can use other candies as you like (peeps for a stuffed bunny) A non-baking idea that might be fun is making washcloth bunnies (good instructions here http://familycrafts.about.com/od/easterbunnies/ss/booboobunny.htm). You wouldn't have to do the glued on eyes if you are worried about your DS eating them.

michcous

Answer by michcous at 5:00 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Paint easter eggs, bake cookie....they usually love rolling out the dough and using the cookie cutters....and the decorating!

Make a paper plate spring wreath...use pastel colored tissue paper and rip off pieces, crinkling them up and gluing them on the paper plate that was cut in the center to look more like a wreath.

Make paper flowers and attach them to some trimmed branches in a vase.

a paper flower garland
    struezel

Answer by struezel at 7:56 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• color pages, crayons, paint Easter eggs, make cookies
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 2:03 PM on Apr. 2, 2011