Did you look forward to your baby-shower?

I sure as hell did not!!!!!! I had NO family in my life until shortly before my son turned 2 and I also abhorred the very thought of becoming a mother right up until my son's very birthday anyway. I knew that my SO's mother was throwing me one (my SO warned me ahead of time thankfully), because I would have been VERY pissed off if I had been surprised by it! I warned him way ahead of time that I did NOT want a shower and WOULD NOT be cordial and nice if someone surprised me with one AT ALL!!! I wanted him to tell her to cancel it as soon as I found out but.......I needed shit for the baby.....so I suffered through the damn thing for the free shit!
I don't understand why we have to go through that crap, why can't these people just send gifts through the mail or something? I (well HE, not me) got quite a few gifts that way also! I HATE SHOWERS, they are boring and stupid!

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 1:34 AM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i'm looking forward to mine
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 1:36 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Don't hold back! Just tell us all off.... :)
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 1:41 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Well I Would have Loved one! I had my DD's when I was Young. Before my DD was born. I located my Bio mom. She was ill & dying from breast cancer. She never told me if I had a father or any family. I had that one sad time in her hospital room. I never shared she'd be a grandmother. She didn't survive. So all my life we had used and not so good things. We were needy and any help or care would have been nice. All of my friends and sisters in law's had Showers! It would have been nice to know Anyone Cared! My MIL bought us a used car seat for our DD. Their first born. They paid 50 cents for it! So each time we'd take a corner driving it would fall over with DD.!! So anyone that gets one sweet little thing I think is lucky that anyone cared to come and give any gifts at all. I'd have been very grateful and never forgotten them for any kindness!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 1:36 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I'm kind of surprised anyone got you anything with that attitude. I was looking forward to my family's baby shower. My sister and I were do within six weeks of each other and we shared our shower. We had a great time and got quite a few nice things. I was very nervous about the shower at work. I was big as a house and very self-conscious. My coworkers were absolutely generous and I felt very loved and cared for...
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 3:21 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I didn't want one either... I get bad anxiety around a lot of people and I hate being the center of attention.... Ended up crying and walking off because someone got me a bib that said grandpa and I lost my dad a couple months before I got pregnant so it wasn't so good....
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 3:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I loved my baby shower, and i was looking forward to it. For weeks before. My mom was throwing it, with the help of a dear friend of mine who is a formal event planner, and it was absolutely perfect. All of my and SOs family and friends came, and everyone had a great time :)
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:56 PM on Mar. 27, 2011