Appropriate outfit for teacher?

Hey,
I'm a fourth grade teacher and since my kids have performed so well and done so much reading outside of class, I owe them something - a pie in the face! Actually, more like pies in the face, because each person who exceeded their requirements can pie me (that's 17 kids!). 

I'm not sure what to wear on Monday when
The kids get their reward. The only day we are permitted to "dress down" is on Friday so it must be dressy. Usually I wear a nice blouse with a blazer and pants/skir, with a conservative heel. However my outfit will be getting covered in pie at the end of the day (It's going to be right before they go home for the day :) ). I realize that most people would go for wearing like a trashbaf over their clothes and a hairnet, but I think that would be lame! My kids earned the right to pie me :) 

Any advice? Also just to let you know there's no time in my schedule where i could change clothes before getting pied.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• If you don't want to cover your clothing (which is what I would do) I woudl go to a thrift shop and pick up a dressy outfit that you really don't care about so when it gets ruined you don't have a lot of money invested in it. Congrats to your class for so many doing well with their reading (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:09 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• well maybe not a trash bag, but what about a plain white t-shirt from the men's section? or an older outfit that you had planned on getting rid of soon. Definitely something that doesn't require special washing, something that you can go to the bathroom and rinse off and not have to worry about it staining.

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:35 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• If it's at the end of the day...wear your usual attire and then change into something that can be covered in pie...lol I'm sure the administration would understand the change of clothes. Have fun!
    sonja911

Answer by sonja911 at 9:05 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• A large garbage bag with a hole cut in the bottom and over your head like a poncho over whatever you wear.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:41 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• ah just take it like a ...woman. then go buy yourself a new outfit!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:46 AM on Mar. 26, 2011