Emotionless while pregnant?

I am not usually a crier, but every little thing set me off in tears in my first trimester. Now that I am in my 2nd trimester I just have no emotion. Is this normal, or am I the only one that just isnt getting upset for whatever reason even when there is an upsetting situation?

dolphingoddess

Asked by dolphingoddess at 1:59 AM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It's completely normal. Everyone pregnant woman's emotions are different and pregnancy hormones make you an emotional roller coaster-- going from angry one moment, to sad the next, then happy for no reason, and sometimes just emotionless. It's totally fine and nothing to worry about. You are not alone! 

tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 6:19 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Everyone is different and this may be normal for you.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:32 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I'd say it's unusual to be desensitized :(
    LovableFox

Answer by LovableFox at 2:02 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• for some reason i only get emotional around the full moon. cry my eyes out for no reason. i can't wait to have the kid and my emotions and brain go back to normal. (on the rest of the time i'm pretty grumpy and don't tend to have enough empathy)
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 3:18 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Thanks everyone...I do show some emotion just not much. Even when I am not pregnant I dont cry much at all, but I show empathy
    dolphingoddess

Comment by dolphingoddess (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Mar. 26, 2011