Who has the best SLR camera? Canon or Nikon?

I am wanting to invest in a dSLR camera soon and keep finding differing opinions. Who is best...Canon or Nikon. Ease of use, price etc.

mlynette81

Asked by mlynette81 at 2:03 AM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Technology

• Nikon
    LovableFox

Answer by LovableFox at 2:08 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 5:48 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• My SO has a Canon, which he loaned me for a while. And for Christmas, he bought me a Nikon. Honestly, I think they're both great. I really found that his camera and my new one are very similar, in layout of buttons and stuff, and in ease of use. There's that adjustment period that you always have when you're learning to use a new piece of equipment, but neither seemed difficult to me. When my SO swiped my camera on Christmas day, he was using it immediately.

Price wise, I'm not sure what the better deal would be. An SLR is going to be expensive regardless of brand. I would maybe go to Best Buy or somewhere and see if there's a display model you can look at and maybe play with for both brands, and compare prices, and maybe that'll help you decide. Or check out their websites and look at the specs for the ones you like.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:48 PM on Apr. 1, 2011