what are my chances of having this baby early too?

Okay so I had my twins at 34 weeks (on the day) because my sons fluid was too low. Every time a contraction would hit, his heart rate would drop. With this pregnancy, they were giving me weekly shots of progesterone to try and stop preterm labor, but I had an allergic reaction to it so they had to stop giving it to me. Also, I have 2 tears in my placenta, and have been bleeding the entire pregnancy. Now, we have come to discover that I have bronchitis. My question is this..does anyone have any idea how far I could possibly make it with this baby? I am 28 weeks, and have been having contractions since 20 weeks. I’m just scared that he’s gonna try to make an early arrival lol.

Any advice??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Wow. First off, im really sorry to hear that. But serious, nobody here can answer this question.

The only thing you can do is to try to relax, lay down, read a book, have some healthy tasty food, some juice and just enjoy your pregnancy as much as you can. Dont think about the bad things that can/could happen. This will drive you nuts and will make everything worse.

I hope you will be able to make it 10more weeks. But nobody, except from maybe your OBGYN can tell you how far you really gonna make it.

I wish you all the luck you need.

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:26 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Its hard to answer because only your doctor would know how close you are to delivering. The best thing my friend was told was try to stay off ur feet as much as possible. My friend had her son at 27 weeks, the placenta was coming before the baby. He is about 6 months old now and he is doing just fine. He was in the hospital for about 2 months then was good to go home.
    momma2B420

Answer by momma2B420 at 5:33 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I think you really need to talk to your OB about your fears. Considering the circumstances you have described your doctor should be spending some time talking to you about what you should expect and what you can do to help avoid an early delivery. Anytime my doctor was vague I told her I understood she could not predict the future but I wanted to know from her experience what she thought was the most likely outcome. I know it's scary. I wish you the best.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:45 PM on Nov. 26, 2008