Y do men lie about stupid things?

he lied about a girl he dated years before me..at first he said he didnt know her then out of nowhere he tellsme she tried talking to him on myspace over a year ago. first off if it was b4 me who cares second y lie?

kimsmith22

Asked by kimsmith22 at 5:34 AM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Just asked my BF, and he said he wouldn't lie or with hold info from me if women weren't so dramatic!!! That's nice! LOL. I think men are just naive on how to talk to women, they get scared of upsetting or causing an argument.

LaraHappyMummy

Answer by LaraHappyMummy at 7:24 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I don't get it either!! My husband will fib over the least little thing. He says he doesn't want to cause drama and make me upset! I'm like, ok well do you think I am more upset now that I found out you lied or would I have been more upset had you told me the truth from the beginning? They just don't get it!! Honesty is the best policy!!!
    cantseemtogetit

Answer by cantseemtogetit at 6:09 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Some men have the strangest thought processes. Maybe he thought you would be upset and he was trying to avoid an uncomfortable conversation? It's impossible to know why they do what they do some of the time. Why lie..just be honest, we can all deal with honestly much better than finding out down the road we've been lied to.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:51 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Fortunately not all men lie. My husb is very upfront w/ me. Luckily he has also learned to pick the right time to bring things up. Well most of the time! -lol) Some of the guys I've dated in past were not always so forthcoming & that's one of the reasons things did not work out. I am very blessed now. :) You may want to tell your guy how important trust is & that he shouldnt lie to you again. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:52 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Men who lie are not as smart as men who don't lie. It takes a wise person to never lie.

One of the reasons i love my husband so much. He is brutally honest. He tells the truth even if it hurts...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:50 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Mine lies because he is a narcississtic sociopath. And he is a cheater. And he is a big mommas boy. Oh and now he lives with his momma and lies to her all the time. Still married to the jerk, but not living with him and his lies is like living on a serene planet again. Do not know why your hubby lies, but when someone makes it a habit to lie to people, eventually they stop believing in themself even.
    Banae26

Answer by Banae26 at 5:43 PM on Mar. 26, 2011