Random question! Clothing your kids!

How do you feel about your kids clothes?
Do you go for quality over price, or just bag a bargin?
Do you go buy plain, or funky designed clothing for your kids?
How do you feel about Father/Son, Mother/Daughter matching outfits? Over the top, or cute?
:o)

LaraHappyMummy

Asked by LaraHappyMummy at 6:54 AM on Mar. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• I love our kids' clothing... I don't really look at price or name... I just take them with me and let them pick whatever they like. They all have their own sense of style, and I want to encourage that. My DS (almost 4) likes to look sporty for the most part, but will sometimes choose polos and shorts (or pants)--both jeans and khacki. My ODD(almost 3) LOVES everything girly. If it's sparkly and pink/purple, she wants it. haha. And YDD, ODD picks her clothes for now (she's only 1). And my SD is a mix between a girly girl and a tomboy, depending on the day, so she gets a little bit of both. And if we can find something that's a mix, then she gets it.

With the Mommy/Daughter and Father/Son outfits, I think it all depends. If it's just a matching shirt or something, I think that's cute... But whole head-to-toe outfits I think is a bit much.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 7:12 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• How do you feel about your kids clothes? I like my daughter's clothing more than my son's. I am not liking the boys clothes lately, everything has skulls on it. Yuck
    Do you go for quality over price, or just bag a bargin? Bargin, they only wear them for a season, so I get what is cheap
    Do you go buy plain, or funky designed clothing for your kids? a little both.
    How do you feel about Father/Son, Mother/Daughter matching outfits? Over the top, or cute? over the top, I don't like matching outfits at all.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 7:02 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• My boys are older & mostly wear sweats or jeans & T-shirts or hoodies. My dau has a nice variety -from casual to trendy-(my mom helps us out -thank God for G-ma! :) I usually find good deals at a variety of stores like Target, JC Penney, Sears, etc. We also pass her clothes down to my SD for our granddau, & to our niece for her 2 little girls. As to the matching outfits, I say no! I dont even like seeing that in family photos. :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:16 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• The majority of their clothes (boys 6 & 7) I buy at thrift shops. Once in a while I will buy new at Children's Place or Walmart. Never been a fan of matching outfits for parent/child. I've seen some adorable pictures of that, but its not my style.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:24 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• i love a bargain!!!
    i love matching clothes too! not identical clothes for the parents and kids, but coordinating colors.
    we usually only match for christmas and easter. sometimes i coordinate the kids for church.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:52 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I get so many hand me downs for my daughter, that the stuff I actually buy is in the "funky" category.
    As for matching...creepy, just creepy.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:30 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I love my daughter's clothing, we get her school and "fancy" outfits from the Tea Children's Clothing Company and she always looks fantastic. My son is homeschooled at this point, and so he doesn't have as many clothes as the girl does, but he's a very snappy dresser for a nine-year-old boy. He always tries to match his outfits well and he takes good care of his clothing in general. We budget for the kids' clothing, and it's about a 50/50 split between what we know to be high-quality, long-lasting stuff and cheapo things for the weekends or after school. I make custom tie-dye, so the kids have quite a bit of that in their weekend wardrobes and I'd call that "funky". Matching outfits, eh? We don't do that, I don't find it particularly creepy though. My sister and I dressed alike for musical performances when we were children and it was kind of cute, really.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:22 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I buy quality over price b/c I have 4girls and tey hand them down, and I dress my kids very cute with popular characters ( we love disney) And no I dont like matchy outfits!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 4:39 PM on Mar. 26, 2011