What's the price of daycare where you live?

Just trying to feel like I'm not in this alone...daycare is SO expensive! Infant care is around 880 a month!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Money & Work

• We were paying $656 a month for our non-potty trained 2 year old. When he goes back to school in the fall he will be a ton cheaper (It goes down to $478 a month)because he is potty trained now. I didn't have to do the infant care, but I know it is a ton, because the adult to child ratio has to be high (which you want so that they can best care for your baby).
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 5:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• $200+ per week for under 2 for in home, large center would be over $1200 per month.
    Over 2 the cheapest is $575 per month ranging to $985.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 5:06 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I don't know about day care. But I send my son to preschool. It costs $50 a week for 3 days from 9 - 12 and includes lunch.
    Brenna

Answer by Brenna at 9:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• $500 a week for 3 in a center during the summer. Expensive, yeah, but it's a good place.
    mwebb

Answer by mwebb at 10:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2008