Is it normal???

Is it normal to get frequent nose bleeds?I get one almost everyday and im alomst 18 weeks.

alaina_20

Asked by alaina_20 at 5:17 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• That doesn't sound normal but it could just be caused by dry air try a humidifier and see if that helps if it doesn't you should def. go see your doc.
    CMead02

Answer by CMead02 at 5:19 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• i heard about women who had nose bleeds a lot during pregnancy. And everyone said its normal. I never had it though so i have no idea. But you can always ask your doctor about it.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:20 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• yeah its normal. i get them every day too. mention it to your doctor though just to make sure its not TOO much :)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 5:25 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• It's normal. Your mucus membranes are in overdrive during pregnancy, and so is your blood volume. Sooo naturally, nosebleeds can happen to anyone =] I haven't had a full-on nosebleed, but I've found a little bit of blood when I blow my nose. I read in a pregnancy magazine that if your nose starts to bleed, hold your head up until the bleeding stops, don't try to blow your nose (or that can make it worse...or something).
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:30 PM on Nov. 26, 2008