What do you do when you feel?

like no one cares and that you would be better off not being around, and like there is a dark cloud hanging over your head and won't go away. I'm not suicidal or anything just asking a question

I have been diagnosised with depression and am on medication for it but it doesn't seem to be working.  Everything seems to be crumbing down around me and I don't know what to do anymore

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 7:57 AM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Health

• Talk to your Dr. If you have been on this Medication longer than 2 months with no symptom relief then you need a different medication. Not all anti depressants work the same for all people. Think everyday what you DO have to be grateful for. Tell yourself that You DO matter, people in your life DO love you and WOULD miss you if you wernt around.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:11 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• No I am sorry if you feel that way. ((((HUGS))))
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:05 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I try to ignore it. I try to tell myself that it's just my hormones and my emotions. I know things will get better... :o) And talking to someone can really help.
    LaraHappyMummy

Answer by LaraHappyMummy at 8:15 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I get out in the sun, cry, take a walk, and talk to my friend. Then I remind myself there are still reasons to be here and I have things to offer. hug
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:21 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I'm no doctor so I don't want to mislead, but the "cloud over the head" feeling you describe sounds like mild depression to me. I have it, and get that feeling often. Depending on if your postpartum or not, that could have a lot to do with it. I keep myself busy when I feel like that. Initially I feel like I don't want to be around people but I know (for myself) that isolation only makes that feeling grow, so once I'm out and around people I actually feel better...it's just getting there that is a pain. Talk to your doctor, he may be able to tell you whats going on or refer you to someone who does. Best of luck Momma!
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 8:22 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Sound like your meds are not totally working for you. Go back to the doctor and talk to him/her about it. I heard waling helps with depression

Answer by louise2 at 8:30 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• how long have you been on the meds? maybe its not the right one for you, if you still don't feel anything after another week then i would go back in and let your Doctor know. and yes i have felt like that alot lately myself, i try to turn to good friends that aren't jugdmental of everything and that do not make you feel worse. Hugs.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:06 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I'm so sorry...just know that you always matter, to someone. Talk to your doctor, and try to get different meds.
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 4:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2011