Curvy or thin? A weighty issue!

Curvy body? Or stick like frame? Which are you, and what do you want to be?

Dieting... Does it work for you?

Getting rid of baby weight... Any tips?

Should we lose weight, or love the body we're in? 

LaraHappyMummy

Asked by LaraHappyMummy at 8:08 AM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I have no desire to be stick thin. I like having curves, but I do want to get to a healthier weight. I'd like to get to about 135 (I'm 5'4").
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:53 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I'm thin but curvy and that's how I like it. I don't think straight up and down stick thin is attractive.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 8:10 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I'm curvy with about 10 pounds "extra". I like my body, and if I have a stretch marked flabby stomach, well, I worked hard for that haha. I think that if you love the body your in (or if you can learn to), then you should. But I also think if your not comfortable and confident, then you owe it to YOURSELF (not anyone else) to loose weight. It all depends on your confidence level, and what your comfortable with! Beauty comes in all sizes.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 8:18 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• i have a small chest, tiny waist, wide hips and a round butt. i'd love to be a little more filled out on top, but i'm pretty comfortable with the way i look. i have always thought a figure like marilyn monroe's was the most attractive. feminine, curvy, rounded. but i really believe confidence and a killer smile will get you through :)
    running will drop weight like no other, and it's completely free. no weights, no gym... plus it gives you much-needed alone time. slimfast shakes really helped me drop baby weight too... the vanilla one tastes awesome and theyre really good for you, so many vitamins etc.
    i have an inch of skin or fat or whatever on my tummy that wasn't there before baby, and i couldn't stand it for a year. i've accepted it tho. i just think about how amazing my body is, that i could create this beautiful child, this person in less than a year... how can you not respect and love that body?
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 8:18 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I am a stick, I like being thin but would love some boobs and a butt! LOL
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 4:34 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I had 450 pounds to lose lost 400 and have fifty more pounds to lose. No dieting does not work for me. I think we should lose weight if we are not happy. If losing weight means we will be better or feel better then okay.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:19 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I'm chubby right now, but when I'm thin I'm curvy....even at 100 pounds I was curvy, so no way to get around curves, but I would like to be thin again......
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 8:28 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I'm thin, but curvy. I just had my third baby 2 mths ago so I'm still in the process of trying to lose the weight I gained. I have 7lbs to go to get to my preprego but I would like to lose 15 all together. I have a pretty high metabolism so as long as I watch my portion sizes and exercise that won't be a problem for me. I know I should love my body the way it is, but that is really hard for me to do. I have always had body issues.
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 8:36 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Girl...be happy with what you have. I have spent the last 16 years of my life struggling with bulimia, and the truth is, even when I starve myself down to 100lbs, the frame you have is the frame you have...lose too much and you just end up looking ridiculous.

I am probably not the best person to go around doling out advice on body issues because I struggle so bad myself, but god I wish I had it to do over and didn't feel this way. I wish I had been more focused on health and fitness than "being fat"...because I have watched so many women change their definition of "fat" as they lost more and more weight. Egh.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:45 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• i'm a curvy stick. i always have been. i have hips, butt, and boobs but they're proportionate to my tiny frame. dieting is not the answer, eating healthy is, and drinking a full glass of water every 2 hours. multi vitamins are essential and most importantly don't focus on losing weight. after i had my daughter i looked great for having a baby, i was not ok with that. i was stuck at 124 lbs which is too much for me. i'm only 5'3" i didn't want to be anywhere near the 120's, but i was stuck there. i exercised 2 hours every single day and didn't lose one damn pound and it was hurting my relationship cause i hated my body. my hubby kept telling me how sexy i was and i need to stop worrying about weight. i finally did stop. i kept exercising but to be healthy, not for weight. i ended up losing all the weight. i'm at 109 now which i'm ecstatic with. perfect weight for my height. i'm healthy and where i wanna be. that's the key
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 8:48 AM on Mar. 26, 2011