What are some Preschool Field Trip ideas?

I am on the parent board for my daughters' co-op preschool (for this coming school year) and I am looking for ideas of places to take the classes (a 3 year class & a 4 year class) for field trips? Of course, we have the places that they have gone to in the past, but I am looking for some fresh, new ideas too! :)
Thanks in advance for your help!

cldetary

Asked by cldetary at 5:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Any of the museums, nature preserves, apple orchard, pumpkin patch, department of transpotation, library, petting zoo...
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• What about the zoo, a museum, an animal shelter?
    kristilandis

Answer by kristilandis at 5:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• We have a pizza farm that is very fun, but I bet any farm would be fun, even a dairy farm where the kids can see how they milk and stuff. I guess it all depends on where you live..and where you have go before. If you list where you have been I might be able to come up with some more ideas. I teach first grade, so we have been lots of interesting places.
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 5:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• farm, fruit market, zoo, candy factory, nature centers, hands on science museums--made for litte hands, local stores that would interest the kids and be willing to do a tour, farmer's market, apple orchard.......
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 5:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• lets see..the ones she liked the most this year was the grocery store(they got cookies from the bakery), the donut shop..guess what they got there and then they went to the pumpkin patch
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:15 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• In the past we have gone to:
    an Apple Orchard/ Pumpkin Patch
    Heath Exploration with the local hospital
    a Marsh/ Historic Park
    a pizza place (where they made their own pizzas)
    and a Gymnastics place

Thanks for all of your answers so far! :)
    cldetary

Answer by cldetary at 7:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• you can always take them to the local police and fire stations.. be sure to set up a time first so that way it wont be cut short if they have to make an emergency run...
    mfialdrdickhaus

Answer by mfialdrdickhaus at 7:14 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• My daughter's school took a trip to the Children's Museum. They loved it. And they had several people come in to the school to talk to them, like firefighters, police, doctors, dentists. They even got to "tour" a school bus! They loved it!
    minivanmommy

Answer by minivanmommy at 1:16 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• THANKS for all the great ideas... Of course there is NO right answer... but I have to pick one to close it out! :)
    cldetary

Answer by cldetary at 8:08 PM on Sep. 26, 2008