How do you learn to trust again?

I have talked to alot of people and it seems if they have been cheated on in the past then they are always wondering or thinking it will happen again. How do you learn to trust again when something bad happens? My husband has never cheated on me but sometimes i have a hard time trusting him. Why???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Maybe you should look inside sometimes when we have trust issues its because we need to rebuild our own shattered trust and self esteem. Its hard to be cheated on maybe you should talk to someone about it unload it and move on.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:59 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Lack of trust when you have no reason to not trust him could be a sign of insecurity on your part. It's pretty normal I think for young couples to be worrisome about the partner at times, but in time and over time you will become more secure in your relationship/marriage and trust will come.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:55 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Me personally.

I do not learn to trust again.. If someone has broken my trust, and if they are worthy of regaining my trust (and if they truly want it) THEY will work to earn my trust once again. It is not up to me to learn to trust again, it's up to the person who broke my trust to earn it once again.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:20 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• If he's never cheated on you...then what exactly is it that you don't trust about him? I am a believer that no two people are the same and shouldn't be treated as such. If you're worried because of something that has happened to you in the past, then you are being extremely unfair to your husband.
    sonja911

Answer by sonja911 at 8:56 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I've been done wrong in the past, but I have no problems trusting my DH. He really hasn't ever given me a reason to not trust him.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:07 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• have you been cheated on before?? you know how it feels.. and it hurts real bad.. maybe you just dont ever want to feel that again i know when i got cheated on it took 3yrs b4 i could start to get over it and a really good man
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 9:17 AM on Mar. 26, 2011