Muscle cramp in my shoulders.

I've tried deep heat and pain killers but still my shoulder muscles are tight, hard and aching! I've been doing a lot around my new house lately, decorating, and my shoulders are killing me! By the end of the day the pain goes up into my neck. My shoulders go hard and hurt when I get stressed or do a lot with my arms. The muscles themselves are larger than my BF's and he a weight lifter! What is happening to me? LOL.

LaraHappyMummy

Asked by LaraHappyMummy at 8:54 AM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Health

• Try some stretches. Google shoulder muscle stretches and go slow and easy. Also stretch your neck....first to one side and then the other. Sit up straight, stretch head toward shoulder and hold for a count of ten. Do several times and then other side. I had to do all of this for a frozen shoulder last summer and still have to stretch to keep it limbered up each day. Also, my physical therapist told me to ice the shoulder not heat. Put some ice in a plastic bag, cover with thin towel, and hold on the area for 10 minutes or so. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:00 AM on Mar. 26, 2011