Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you do an adoption?

Cause I have found some good parents, I am not looking for money! Can I just give them the kid, I really don't want the kid tracked back to me, since the father knows I am pregnant with his child but want to leave it there and fear he will try to find this child, I plan to have an open relationship with the adoptive parents! ...Is it illegal to just have them fill out all the paper work for the baby so when the birth certificate is written up orgininal it has the "parents" names on it?

Answer Question

Asked by LovelyARMs at 5:53 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • that sounds like a very messy situation. Legally both parents have to consent to the adoption. If ur baby's dad finds out what happend I think he could go and try to get custody and nullify the adoption. Of course that probably depends on the state you live in. Also there are types of adoptions where you can be anonymous and then their are open adoptions where you stay in touch. It sounds like you want want to be in the family's life but not allow any way for you to be linked to the child?

    This is very complicated and I think you need to find a licensed adoption agency to help you. There are a lot of laws and if u don't do things legally it will not be a valid adoption.
    Search for liscenced adoption agencies or contact an organization like to refer you to one.

    Answer by KatieLou23 at 6:09 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

  • I'm sorry but you can't just give the kid to someone else if the dad wants him/her. He has to be willing to sign off on his rights too. I really admire what you are doing. I just would hate to see you caught in a mess b/c of it. I would contact an adoption agency or call a lawyer and ask. A lot of cities have free legal clinics that you can attend to answer your questions.

    Answer by a_and_j_momma at 6:20 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

  • I placed a baby for adoption. I went through an agency that helped me with all the paperwork. I do not think you need permission from the father since in most states paternity isn't established unless the father agrees it's his and signs a paper giving him rights or if you are married depending on the situation. I have an open adoption. I would go through an agency.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Pregnancy
what do u guys think?

Next question overall (Money & Work)
stimulas check