why be rude?

The other day I posted a thing for my kids on the hobbies and crafts section. My children would like to send friendship bracelets to needy children just to brighten their day and possible pen pals. I thought it was a great idea until some one was rude saying children wont care about a bracelet made of string. Geez I dont have money to send to them I can barely pay my own bills. So my question is do children really dont care? My children were thinking of others and they would like to do it.

momof5kidz

Asked by momof5kidz at 5:53 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Let them do it. I think its a good idea. Kids will think its so fun to get something new and made. My daughter came home with a new braclet that a lady at church made her and never wanted to take it off. Let them do it.. !

And to the person and said that kids wont like it.. THEY CAN SHUT THE F*^K UP!
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 5:57 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Don't worry about them there are some rude people that have nothing better to do on here... The other day i answered a question that started with " I am an RN and 3 people wrote oh u think u know everything cause u are an RN right? Just dont even bother with them they arent worth the trouble
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 5:58 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Also i think its a great idea....
    Pooky_mommy

• That is an awesome idea, my kids wear stuff they make for each other all the time, whoever said that doesn't have a clue, that is great your kids want to contribute. Good job Mom.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 6:03 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• it wiill be great kids love to even get a written card when they are down so a bracelet is even more special espiaccly from another kids then they don't feel so alone
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 6:15 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• i think its a great idea...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 6:15 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Of course the children will care, whoever said this to you is obviously just being mean for the sake of it. Kids have a completely different understanding of emotion than adults, theyre a lot more sensitive and less biased, so the tiniest gesture can be very touching, I remember how emotional I was when I was a kid lol! They dont have the same suspisions or apprehensions about kind gestures, theyve not been through the things we've been through so theyre more receptive to these things. I think that your friendship bracelet idea is very sweet and any child will see that and be grateful. Never mind what some mean person says! xx
    Rozee830

Answer by Rozee830 at 6:31 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I think it's a wonderful idea. The only kids who wouldn't care are kids that are probably money oriented. My daughter who was 6 at the time, made valentines day cards for every one of the 101 residents in the nursing home I worked in. I think it's good to teach kids about giving. I really don't think that the needy kids would not want the bracelets.
    lilmomma4

Answer by lilmomma4 at 6:32 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I think its wonderful that you child would want to do that! I think some people are so miserable that they are only happy when they put others down!
    meandmygirlmad

Answer by meandmygirlmad at 8:15 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Well I have kids and grandkids of all ages, they all love those string braclets, and the plastic ones. They also love making them and giving them to friends and me! I think you had a wonderful idea!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:03 PM on Nov. 26, 2008