Does anyone else feel this way?

Sometimes I feel like I'm just tired and don't want to have mother responsibilities and just plain get tired of hearing my kid cry and scream, sometimes I feel like he's not mine just because I'm tired of the "routine" does anyone else feel this way or have felt this way

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Mar. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• you should try to get away for a day sorry mommy :(
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 9:14 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I feel the same way at times only that am pregnant.It is not wrong but just try preoccupying yourself with something else or take sometime out once in a while to calm yourself.
    cleopatra3446

Answer by cleopatra3446 at 9:26 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• i often feel like my two year old daughter has "taken over my life"... i'm a single mom, i work almost full time, and don't feel like i have much of a support system sometimes... i get a lil depressed and think... "i wash the same damn dishes every day. i have the same toys under my feet. we have the same dinner fight three times a week (no, we're not having lunchables for dinner lol)." it's hard not to get tired of the routine.
    you've got to make sure that you are still a person, too. sometimes you have to go out, sometimes you have to be alone. these things do not make you a worse parent, they make you a more complete person and a better mom. take some time for yourself.
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 9:26 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Without a doubt :( Its so hard somedays...
    mom24girlsmt

Answer by mom24girlsmt at 10:15 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Shilohsmama is very wise. I'm like that sometimes too. Especially since I've never had any interest in housekeeping, it all seems so stupid to spend so much time on this stuff you could spend learning, doing useful things, playing with kids- AND getting the house truly clean to my standards is unattainable (unles sI ignore all 3 kids most of the day), so it's overwhelming. I try to read or volunteer or do something that is not child-related, to give me a sense of self. Exercise is always good too, healthy and gives you mental health to some extent.

Not sure how old your child is. I will tell you that "sometiems I feel he's not mine" is a HUGE red flag. If your child is under 1 or you've felt this way for a while, please see a doctor. That is the #1 sign for PPD, the feeling like your child isn't connected to you somehow, and the other stuff is depression too (I know this, have been there). Take care!
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 10:16 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• i have 3 kids two are teenagers and one is very special needs and i have days after i drop them at school that i want to keep on driving to a land thats just for me......so yes no matter how old your kids are there are days when every mom feels that way
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:01 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• well, not like you do! I truely enjoy being mommy, but I do get tired of hearing the screaming!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 5:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2011