Houseplants that won't die!!

i have several of the broad-leafed, dark green potted plants many people have; they are sometimes seen strung along the ceiling (not in my house lol.)... only because they are the only ones i haven't managed to kill off. anyone know of pretty plants that have a strong will to live? i can't stand a house with no live plants. this is making me very, very sad.

shilohsmama425

Asked by shilohsmama425 at 9:14 AM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I think the one you talk about is a pothos.....very hardy and easy to take care of. I do well with those and African violets. The violets need a little bit of morning or afternoon sun and do not over water. Mine do great and bloom a lot. They get 3 hours of afternoon sun.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:17 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Aspidistra plants never die lol. I have quite a few of them and I have had them in cold weather, hot weather, forgot to water, watered too much, etc. They are still going strong. They grow slow though.
    http://www.plant-care.com/aspidistra-elatior-cast-iron-plant.html

Answer by gemgem at 9:25 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• If what you have is all green with heart-shaped leaves, it's a philodendron. Pothos is a lot like it, but with white mixed in with the green. I've heard that snake plants are also hard to kill.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:26 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Air fern

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:34 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Plastic ones :D
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 9:47 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Choleus are easy plants.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 9:39 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Cactus with the pink flowers on it ?
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 7:36 AM on Mar. 29, 2011