Do you think all MLM's are scams?

I own 2 businesses, one is a Multi level Marketing thing.  Not pyramid - those are illegal. 

Just wondering what you all think.

irenekanderson

Asked by irenekanderson at 9:23 AM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Money & Work

• MLM?
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 9:24 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I think while MLMs are most of the time legit, there are unfortunately a lot of pyramid schemes that try to pass themselves off as an MLM and that is how people get scammed.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:49 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• An MLM is, by design, a pyramid, with most of the money going to those at the top.

I would love to hear about how you started an MLM (or, do you actually work as a sales rep; if so, never mind)

Answer by rkoloms at 10:24 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• No. I am an independent consultant with Mia Bella's. It's not a scam.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:33 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I have my own business and not above working to weld at someone elses company to make money for them for me and gain wisdom while my business gains recognition not trying to get rich just take care of business. MLMs seem legit I just would never want one
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:26 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Nope! Pyramid schemes are illegal, MLM is NOT illegal and a lot of people have built very successful home based income using this business model.
    Hannah
    HannahMayr

Answer by HannahMayr at 5:24 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• If you look at the structure of any business it looks like a Pyramid.... CEO at the top, managers under him/her etc etc. MLM is a fantastic business structure....it gives a fair distribution of income... the people who do the work get paid!

MLM business structure is supported by the likes of Donald Trump, Robert Keyosaki... I think they know about business structure don't you?
    dabsbeauty

Answer by dabsbeauty at 7:22 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I am a Rep with Juice Plus, completely legit company. Absolutley not a scam!
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 4:30 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• No, they are not scams...most of the MLMS are not..there are a few new ones that pop up and disappear, but dont last.

MLMs are a great way to make money, the PROBLEM most have is they jump in thinking they are rich in weeks and they go having diareah of the mouth to everyone they know b/c they have been taught or trained by anyone....so everyone says no then they get frustrated and say no one wants this, I made no money but lost money its a scam!

All companies all built like pyramids if you think about it from your Walmarts, to your McDonads to you WAH businesses....someone somewhere started a business and then people jumped on making money, making the business successful and thereby making the owner money and successful...

THe key is you have to find something you dont dread, if you like what you are doing you can openly talk about it.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 9:39 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• As long as it is involves the selling of an actual product or service, then no it's not.
    wlrahilly

Answer by wlrahilly at 4:18 PM on Apr. 13, 2011