My 7 yr old son is a bully!

My eldest son is a bully. He picks on boys his age and girls... Mainly girls at school. He's verbally abusive and constantly is hurting kids mainly may pushing them over. I've not brought him up to be like this. He has a bad attitude towards females. Saying women can't drive, or have a job! No one has ever expressed these views to him, for no one in the family has these views (My step father has these views and had some SMALL contact with him years ago) He's been like this for a while now (Since age 5), and both the family and the school are trying to help him stop this behaviour. I've tried everything to help him become a happy well rounded kid. I love him so much, I just want him to be happy. His siblings aren't bullies at all.

He's only like this at school.

LaraHappyMummy

Asked by LaraHappyMummy at 9:33 AM on Mar. 26, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• He's seen that behavior SOMEWHERE.
    He isn't libel to grow out of the behavior. You should look at professional counseling for him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I've looked into that and so far I'm not getting any help, the school are trying their best to help him. I'm worried that my step father may have shown him this behaviour when he was around 4 and 5 yrs. He is a very bitter man sometimes, even though my step father spent very little time (3 day trips in total) with him I have been thinking that he is to blame. My step father isn't involved as such now. Only via telephone to myself, which I don't think I will continue.
    LaraHappyMummy

Comment by LaraHappyMummy (original poster) at 9:39 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• If this were my child, I would be looking for the reason why he is the way he is, and you can bet there is one. Either he feels he has been short-changed by someone or he feels unwanted and unloved. No, I do not think he will just grow out of it. He is, for whatever reason, a hurting child, and he is doing the only things he knows to do to make himself seen and heard. For it to be this severe at 7, he will very likely need help in finding the healing he needs. Was he a wanted child from the time of his conception? Did somebody want a girl instead of the boy he was? Was there a lot of turmoil in his home before or after his birth? All these kinds of things affect our children, and since this child seems to have a very low opinion of women, I would first look at the females in his life. There is a reason behind this behavior, and part of it may be pure old fear. Time to play detective and find the reason!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:40 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I dont believe he has NEVER seen this behavior. This just doesnt show up from a 7 year old who has been raised appropriately.

And no I do not think he will grow out of it...you need to take very drastic measures of he will grow up to abuse his wife or girlfriend.

You also need to maybe step back and check the reality that you are living in. Kids dont just start saying things like that without hearing or seeing it! PERIOD!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Isn't it nice to see so many people being so nasty! People have to hide and not give their name. Childish! I'm a brilliant parent. And the school think he has ADHD... I have concerns over how many people find it so easy to blame parents!!! How dare you! Are you in my life? Do you know me? My child? No. I didn't give enough info, so OK I'm sorry. My step father was involved for a tiny part of his life and he was negative, he isn't allowed to see my kids anymore. My other two kids are happy and so is my 7 yr old but he gets so angry at school. I believe he finds school very hard. He's happy and content at home. He always has been. I'll deal with this with the school, it's obvious that some people are here are too judgemental.

LaraHappyMummy

Comment by LaraHappyMummy (original poster) at 9:48 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Oh I knew you would be offended.. But I truly believe ADHD or not that kids have to pick it up somewhere. A 7 year old doenst just come up with women not being able to drive or have a job all on their own. You ask, I gave my honest opinion, to the brilliant parent.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• LOL. You're a pathetic hater. Baiting people. How low. Some one needs to get a life.
    My step father has a low opinion of women. As I've stated... Can't you read???
    Guess not.
    Maybe you need help... With reading.
    R-E-A-D-I-N-G
    LaraHappyMummy

Comment by LaraHappyMummy (original poster) at 10:01 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• He only behaves badly at SCHOOL!
    LaraHappyMummy

Comment by LaraHappyMummy (original poster) at 10:02 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Hey Lara, you didnt post about your step father in the original post. You said "No one has ever expressed these views to him, for no one in the family has these views" so which is it? Step fathers fault or no one has ever expressed these views to him?

Oh and if it was ADHD then he would behave inappropriately everywhere, not just school. Kids with ADHD can not just turn off the behaviors when they step off the bus.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Saying women can't drive, or have a job! No one has ever expressed these views to him, for no one in the family has these views (That he has contact with) READ IT!
    LaraHappyMummy

Comment by LaraHappyMummy (original poster) at 10:06 AM on Mar. 26, 2011