Do you take anonymous posters seriously?

I used to be OK with it because I felt like it was there for a reason, but lately the anonymous posts are down right rude, I mean I am OK with people having there own feelings about a certain issue, but if you can't state it without using your identity, just don't, if you think it's offensive or if you just don't want people to think you truly feel that way then don't put your feelings down, it sucks to try and have a conversation with anony 10:23am.

SheriSanchez

Asked by SheriSanchez at 6:00 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Or do we need to have that anonymous outlet....I just like to know who I'm talking too. I personally have been kindof skipping past the anonymous responses.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 6:02 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• i agree with you. i dont like that you can post anon
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 6:02 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• If they are giving a serious response, then yes I take them seriously. There are lots of reasons someone may choose to post anonymously. It seems foolish to ignore their feedback simeply because you can't see their screen name.
    Anonymous

• that is very true... specially when they say crap about people who are only trying to help
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 6:03 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Well I have just noticed the tone of the responses being very rude and it's like they'll say whatever because noone will know who it really is, seems kindof cowardly.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 6:05 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I have the same theory as I do with those that post who they are ... if it's a serious response that isn't bashing or a joke then I take it seriously. I read what everyone has to say but know that I can take everything with a grain of salt. If it's rude I can stop reading it and ignore it. If it's meant to be helpful then I of course listen to what they say.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 6:06 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• right under the box they post in there is a "report this answer" place to report them. If the answer is that bad you can report the answer chances are if they are doing it in your post they are doing it to others as well. If you also look at the box they have to check it plainly says "If you answer anonymously, please make sure your answer is nice, honest, and respectful. Any disrespectful anonymous answers will be removed and your account may be suspended or even canceled." Now if nobody reports it they can keep on doing it. I can understand why some might use it and have seen it use as I suppose it was intened but mostly people just use it so they can be rude to the poster.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 6:14 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• It depends on what they say. Honestly it doesn't but me either way. Even if it's rude, I dont' take it personal. I know they don't know me and it's just a website....just brush it off
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 6:14 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I use it if it is an embarassing question but thats it.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 6:16 PM on Nov. 26, 2008