Do you take anonymous posters as seriously as you do the ones who post with their identity?

I used to be OK with it because I felt like it was there for a reason, but lately the anonymous posts are down right rude, and kindof cowardly, I mean I am OK with people having there own feelings about a certain issue, but if you can't state it without using your identity, just don't, if you think it's offensive or if you just don't want people to think you truly feel that way then don't put your feelings down, it sucks to try and have a conversation with anony 10:23am.

SheriSanchez

Asked by SheriSanchez at 6:06 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Just for Fun

• no, I think if they can't post with there names then they shouldn't they sit there and say crap and wont even put there name there... Thats why i also state that I am an RN in all of mine
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 6:11 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I understand what your saying, but I use it on somethings. Depending on the post, I do take there comments serious,sometimes. The ones that dont act like an a$$ when posting. All I can say is to each theyre own.
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 6:11 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• i think its okay for questions that might embarass someone and honestly needs advice. but the rude anon. answers are annoying and need to be stopped
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 6:13 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• For me it depends on what the anon has to say. If they're asking a question that they wouldn't ask otherwise and it's a serious question ~ then I don't mind. But if they're asking an out right rediculous question or answering a question in a way just to bash or be rude or hateful ~ then yes I agree with you...it's cowardly
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 6:17 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• i sometimes post as anonymous, just because there are things not everybody needs to know about me. There are things i feel really bad and uncomfy about, things that happened in my past. so i rather post as ano, before somebody knows those things about me. Because there are some ppl on here that i now in real life. if i want to bash somebody though (because they are obviously stupid, like asking "am i pregnant?") then of course i will post my name. lol
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:18 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I meant to post this in the political section and both times it came here...Oh well sorrry for the duplicate question girls.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 6:20 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

That is a reasonable reason...like I said I meant to post this in the politics
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 6:21 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Sometimes I ask or answer questions anon because somethings are embarrassing,but I do need advice about. I however are never rude or mean to someone else. If I cannot answer the question I just skip it.
    lilmomma4

Answer by lilmomma4 at 6:29 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• No. If the subject matter is embarrassing I can understand. Otherwise, I agree, they're usually just posting to stir up trouble. If you can't say it without "showing your face" then it probably shouldn't be said.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 7:37 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• It's not a name (or lack thereof) that makes me not take a post seriously...it's the content. I do find that often the rude/insulting posts are done anonymously, but not all (I sure that's why you asked this). But there are also people out there who are not shy about embarrassing themselves through immaturity and vulgarity (and ignorance). It's those who I take the least serious. When someone posts obnoxious things anonymously, at least you know they are aware that their behavior is wrong. It's the ones who do it publicly that make me really think they're lacking in moral fiber. Ya know?
    mommee_b

Answer by mommee_b at 8:10 PM on Nov. 26, 2008