My son goes to school with this girl that is trying to be a guy

how would that make you feel? she takes hormones and wants to have a sex change. My son is sort of friends with this person.

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 9:46 AM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Be proud of yourself, you have raised an accepting son.

If the girl is on hormones legally (not purchasing them online) then she's going through all the therapy and has wonderful parents. Kudos to their family.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:16 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I would be proud of my kid for being accepting of different people. Maybe you should take a lesson from your son.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:49 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Why does it matter.. everyone is different and if thats what makes that person happy....
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 9:48 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• i think its good that she realizes early on who she really is inside. better for her to become what makes her happy rather than live miserably in the wrong body for the rest of her life. i wouldn't care if my kids had transgender friends. i would encourage them not to be critical/judgmental
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:50 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I would think you have raised a great kid to "not care" and be-friend this person based on how they are not what sex they will become.. Kids can be so mean and that is great to hear that she/he is accepted by others.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:57 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I would be so proud of my son for being so accepting.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 10:10 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I would have a conversation with your son and see how HE feels about. But I don't think I would make a big deal out of it. there are worse things a person can do or be.
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 9:50 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• she is not a she first of all. he is a female to male transgender and he's not a girl that wants to be a boy. he's a male that was born in a female body. it's good that he is not afraid to be himself and is becoming who he really is. making the inside match the outside
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 9:58 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Why is it any of your business? Is this person bad? Do they try to wrap your son up in illegal or immoral activities?

Then I would stay the hell out of it and be proud that my son would be accepting of people outside "the norm"
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 10:19 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I am just asking how you would feel? I didn't say that i was pissed off or anything. We did talk about it all.
    jenn4443

Comment by jenn4443 (original poster) at 9:55 AM on Mar. 26, 2011