What do you think of giving your child immunizations?

I was wondering if you guys gave your babies their immunizations and if you gave them on time as the CDC recommends or if you gave only a few at a time or if you had a different schedule you were using or if you didn't give them at all. I'm torn with all the harmful things in immunizations but for certain things...like dtap and hib i'm not sure I want to risk my son getting those. Things like chickenpox...i'd rather him develop an immunity by catching it.

britni11

Asked by britni11 at 6:15 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Kids' Health

• After learning that Hep A, Chicken Pox, and Rubella were all developed using the cells of aborted fetus' my husband and I decided that our children will not receive any of those. We discussed possibly not vaccinating at all, but after discussing things with my son's Pediatrician, my husband and I decided to do selective vaccinations. As of this time we plan to only have our children given dead vaccines.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 6:22 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Since my daughter was born ive been at the pediatrician (almost) every month for an immunization. Most of them take more than one shot as everybody knows.

so she gets them always on time. I rather deal with the side effects of the immunizations, than having a really sick child. Chicken pox is not that dangerous (for babies/toddlers its not, it gets dangerous the older you are, specially for men), but our little one still gets the shot for it.

Most of them immunizations are very important, every pediatrician tells you that. And like i just said, i rather take the risk. Its better to be safe than sorry.
    I dont want to be one of those mothers who someday regret for not bringing their child to the doc for their shots.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:26 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• oh and btw... my daughter has never been sick since the day she was born. no flu, no cold, no nothing. just a tiny little fever last new years eve from teething. so i think were doing good with the shots so far. :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:29 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I know they keep saying that immunizations and autism aren't linked...but having a family member with it. I strongly believe there is something that is causing her autism...and she didn't get it until after her 18 month shots. With all my research...the mercury, aluminum, yeast, and animal, human by products really worry me. They are taking care of mercury in most vaccines however aluminum rates are extremely high...way higher than any child should ever have in their system at one time. I read a study by a doctor about 2 twins. One was developing autistic signs and the other was perfectly healthy...the only difference in their medical history was that one had the hep b shot in the hospital, the other didn't because he had a cold. The one that didn't was the healthy one.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 6:52 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• The one that had it was the one with autistic symptoms...The reasoning behind it was that newborns immune systems aren't equiped to handle all the things in the immunizations and his immune system was still down when they gave him more shots at his 2 month visit only making things worse. Needless to say...I didn't let them give my son Hep B in the hospital. I am also thinking of only giving him one live virus at a time and only one shot with aluminum in it at a time. I am not going to give multiples, shots like MMR will be broken up. Anyone else have experience with all this?
    britni11

• VERY strong subject in our home so I decided to answer your ques. My grandfather is the Chief of Medicine in a well know university hospital on the East Coast. He recommended that I NOT get my three kids immunized due to the risks involved. When asked how that would affect my kids health he told me that what most parents don't know (because no one seems to do enough research) is that most of the things we immunize for are not life threatening AND even if they are, studies have shown that the immunity only last for approx. 1-2 years. He also told me that doctors are "encouraged" my the medical assoc. to tell us we need these shots because the drug companies that make this stuff are major contributors to them. I wonder why? I want everyone to know that I usually keep this info to myself and I am not pushing my ideas on anyone. ((Cont...))
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• .....((Cont.)) But I want to make people understand that there is a great debate going on in our country right now about the safety of these shots. If it were "ok" why would there be any reason for concern? I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but our children are the most important things in our lives and we should each take the time and research this matter to death BEFORE we give the shots. The info is on the web, all you have to do is look for it. It's your choice, but no matter what you decide, please do enough research on both sides of the debate so that you make an informed decision. Best Wishes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• i hate that we have to choose to either risk a one serious disease for another. It just doesnt seem fair. And i hate the the doctors really dont know what they are talking about. When my son was born the asked me if i wanted to get him vaccanated at the hospital. I asked if it had to be done or if it could wait for his first doctors appointment and they said that he didnt have to have them right away. So we didnt get them and then when we showed up at the doctors office they said he was behind. so now everytime we go to the doctor they say that he is behind and look at me like i am doing something bad. but even though the doctors keep being rude about i am glad i waited. it was a long labor and i thought that he had gone through a lot and didnt need to be poked anymore that day.
    edwinsmom2008

Answer by edwinsmom2008 at 5:39 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Also a big subject in our family >>>>

No shots. Natural immunity is best. Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist but you would be shocked if you took the time to do your own research and learn for yourself the dangers of vaccines and immunizations. Don't rely on your doctors to tell you because they're just spewing what they've been taught (and paid) to tell you.

Make an informed, independent decision for yourself based on your findings.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I did start doing research...and that's the part that worries me. It's like either way...if I immunize and something harms him, I'll hate myself and if I don't and he catches something that makes him sick then i'll hate myself. I agree with the above statements...doctors are told to tell their safe...but most doctors haven't even done the research themselves and don't you think it's funny that not one child who isn't immunized has autism??? If you haven't watched the movie Sicko Watch it...it shows how corrupted our Gov, health care system and vaccine companies really are. It makes me sad to know our country is this way! I'm glad I'm not the only mom who doesn't feel this way. The government wants to keep people stupid and unaware of things because that's how they continue to run our country the way they want.
    Anonymous