Today I have a dentist appt and I am totally frightened.

A small part of my tooth fell off and I am going today to have them look at it and fix it. I havent been to the dentist in quite a few yrs. I am scared of going. I wonder if they will just xray it and have me come back to fix it. I have no pain with my tooth..thank goodness. I hope they wont removed it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Health

• it depends. today may just be a 'looksee', to see what kind of appointment/time you'll need for the 'fixit'.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:59 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I know exactly what u mean!!! I used to be scared of the dentist! Not anymore! I have an appt. today too! They will write up a treatment plan and it will be detailed. Plus they put numbing med in your mouth before having any work done and before the needle,u don't feel a thing!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:03 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• If u want to talk more u can message me.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:04 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I hate the dentist too, I now have no teeth and somedays i am not sure if its better or not, no more pain but tons of problems with the new teeth. you will be fine though. I think its the thought of a needle in the mouth and the drilling that scares most people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• What kind of problems with your new teeth?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:21 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I hate the dentist and have even since a kid and had and still take before my appt. is valium to keep me calm down before the appt. But now adays you can go get work done and not feel anything. I had to have all my teeth pulled after my third girl and they still do not know why but I never have to go to the dentist again. Just hang in there and tell them ahead of time and they will work with you to put you at ease. It will be over before you know it. Just deep breaths and try to relax.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 10:34 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I know how you feel. I was so afraid I let years go by before I finally went back. I have had a broken tooth and they created a bridge with an artificial tooth in the middle and I have had teeth crowned. They will make sure they eliminate pain.
    You don't want to lose your teeth and you have to avoid infections in your gums too. The health of your mouth has a lot to do with your heart health too.
    Find a Dentist who is kind and gentle....it is your right, your choice. You need to find a Dentist you feel comfortable with.
    Good luck!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:02 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Be brave. I had a tooth pulled once, but had so much laughing gas, all I felt was pressure.
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 4:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I had to have root canal once when a small part of my fang tooth fell off... had to come back twice becasue i was so hormonal with the pregnancy and couldnt stop crying (just upset not pain, really) and they maxed me out on shots.lol bad times
    StillWoman22

Answer by StillWoman22 at 10:24 PM on Mar. 26, 2011