Can you help me with this? Need dinner ideas cause my Oven broke! No $ to go out.

My oven just died and I need to go food shopping and figure out what I am going to do this week.

I have a crockpot and a microwave. One burner on the stove still works. (not sure how long)

We have 10 lbs ground beef in the freezer, some chicken legs and a huge 10 lb bag of white rice.

All the foods need to be wheat and dairy free because of allergies.

Any idea what and how to plan my meals for this week and what I should look for?

Could someone give me any menu or meal ideas I can use this week without using my oven?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Food & Drink

• You can make a million things in the crock pot. including rice, sloppy joes, bbq chicken, etc. Here are a few links.

http://www.crock-pot.com/recipes.aspx

http://www.a-crock-cook.com/

Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 10:25 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• OOOO I LOVE CROCK POT MEALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i would check out the links liamsmom09 wrote
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 10:29 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• tuna melts, sandwiches with soup, can use your crockpot for sloppy joes or meatballs with sauce, chicken legs with cream of chicken soup in crock pot, tv dinners for microwave, or can even do chicken patties in the microwave, canned vegs to go with meals, can maybe found a recipe on website with rice in crockpot and might be able to add some vegs and then add the chicken legs, roast with carrots and pts in crockpot, mini sauasges in the crockpot. maybe soup or chilli in the crockpot. A lot you can make with your crockpot and if need receipes try a website with crockpot recipe ideas. Hope I helped some and hope you get your oven fixed soon.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 10:30 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:30 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Cook the chicken in the cp, with some veggies. When it's done, pull out the skin/bones, throw the meat back in, add some more water & rice, and you'll have chicken soup.

Cook some hamburger in the cp, or the microwave, whichever you prefer. Drain, add rice & the right amount of water, some veggies, and a sauce that's "safe" - let it cook and you'll have a hotdish.

If you have or can get some potatoes, cube and put in the cp with cooked hamburger, again add a safe sauce, some veggies. Or you could make mashed potatoes in it, and hamburger patties on the stove, and have a side of veggies.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the other posters look at the sites they gave and you are sure to find something...sorry your stove isn't working that just sucks :(
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 1:01 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• We went all summer one year without the oven working. I feel for you there. Pretty much whatever you can put in the oven you can put in a cp. Good luck. Hope it's fixed soon!
    HeidisMom800

Answer by HeidisMom800 at 4:38 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• google crock pot meals
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2011