When did you start potty training?

Okay so my son is only 26 months, but he will come up and tell me after he pees or poops that he wants his diaper changed. My twins did not show the slightest intrest till the were 3. Is it too early to try and start him on the "big boy potty" we have a kids potty that we can use. Im just not sure if he is ready or if it just a faze or what. Has anyone else had success with potty training their 26 month olds.

michelle.coppes

Asked by michelle.coppes at 10:34 AM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my DD is 26 months as well, we started letting her sit on the potty when either myself or her older sister uses the bathroom. she is getting the idea but we haven't pushed it yet.. i know kids their age that ARE potty trained we just arent ready
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:38 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• technically, we started after he turned 2yo. we failed miserably. right before he turned 3yo, his daycare provider said, ''i think its time you start bringing him in underwear.'' i thought, ''ok, lady..its your ballgame!''....he was pottytrained within a month!
    PROPS TO THE MISS MELISSA!!!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:53 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• my twins are 18 months and we're in the prepotty training stages. they know about their potty chair and wear underwear over their diapers. one of them tells me when he needs his diaper changed and takes a lot of interest in what peeing is all about and all that. I'm going to start this summer. I'd say start with your toddler because he sounds ready. if he has control such as waking up from a nap with a dry diaper then he meets all the "guidelines" i've heard about. give it a shot!
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:55 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• My daughter was around two. We didn't get her fully potty trained until almost 30 months.
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 12:46 PM on Mar. 26, 2011