I am supposed to rest as much as possible but who is going to do the chores?

I am 28 weeks pregnant and have some health concerns. My OBGYN told me to rest as much as I can and I am threatened to be hospitalized for bed rest for the duration of the pregnancy.

My SO works 14 hour days and the days he has off we have his four year old autistic son. He is a handful. My SO has to take care of him and try to rest on his days off.

My SO does do the dishes and take out garbage but this is only a small part of the household duties. I am living amongst piles of undone laundry, little groceries, carpet that needs to be vacuumed, and clutter everywhere. What do I do???

I broke down today and am doing the laundry, I can't take it anymore.

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 6:22 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I know it is hard to ignore the mess... i was put on bed rest at 22 weeks... U have to do it though because ur biggest concern is that baby... is there anyone that can maybe come over a couple times a week and help u out! I know what u are going through at 31 weeks they said i was still doing to much and admitted me into the hospital cause of it....
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 6:28 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Could you afford to hire someone once a week to come and deep clean the house? I have a lady and pay 80 dollars everytime she comes. I havn't used her for a while since I quit work to stay home, but I plan on hiring her again when the baby is born and I'm a walking, sleep deprived, nursing zombie...
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 6:34 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• take it easy and do a lil each day,like today do laundry,tommorow do dishes,next day and so on
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 6:40 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Do you have any family, like a brother/sister or mom/MIL, who would want to help out by coming to help you a couple times a week?
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 6:49 PM on Nov. 26, 2008