How would you feel? How do you deal with abandonment?

If your mother left you when you were 2 weeks old, came back when you were 4 yrs, tried to be a mother to you, but she just couldn't bond, then she went out of your life at the age of 15 yrs and you haven't seen her since?
Has a parent walked out of your life?
Could you ever leave your kids?
I know what kind of mother I am, and I couldn't ever leave my kids. I beleive they need me in their lives.
Has your husband/BF left you to raise the kids alone, has it affected you and your kids greatly?
(My BF hasn't left, I just wanted to see how the parent left behind feels/felt).

LaraHappyMummy

Asked by LaraHappyMummy at 10:46 AM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• I never met my biodad. He was gay & it was a different time where that was not accepted. It did affect me because I wanted to know him to see where I came from. He never came around himself though so I guess in some ways that was best. My first ex & I have 3 kids. We divorced in 98 & he has seen them 4 times since then. He walked away a long time & only came back when they were teens so he could attempt to bad mouth me & wiggle his way into their lives. It worked at first, but he showed his true colors in no time. It did affect my children & they will be forever scarred by it. But he IS their dad, and I chose to have children with him. For better or worse they have to deal with it, and they do. They dont like him, but they do love him. He is a part of them. I am glad they are healthy enough to deal with it myself.

Answer by gemgem at 11:16 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Btw, no could never leave my children. It would have to be over my dead body before I left! Same with DH. We'd have a hell of a time with custody if we ever broke up because neither of us would want to be away from our kids for even a day.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:53 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I could never leave my kids.. EVER. but some people just cant be parents, it happens in nature all the time where parents just reject their young. as for DH leaving the kids.. sure he is military and leaves for a year every other year.. he just gets so used to being away from them that is was hard on him being AROUND the kids.. Our divorce will be final this summer, i get full custody and he is trying to decide if he wants any rights to the kids or not.. it happens.. the kids havent noticed at all because they are just so used to me and only me all the time
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:51 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• My father left when I was 3 yrs old. He would call a few times a year (At my grandparents house) and twice a year (Xmas and Bday) I'd get one present from him. But it was normally bought by his illegal wife. (illegal because he never divorced my mother). He tried to contact me at 15, and again in my 20's. Just wasn't having any of it.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:52 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Not everyone is cut out to be a great mom. Yours probably had substance abuse issues. Look deep inside your heart and see if you can't find the strength and love to forgive her, it will make you feel so much better.
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 10:52 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• My parents left us in the social services building in Denver and never came back I was two and my brother was six our sisters were six months.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:11 AM on Mar. 26, 2011