Are tic tacs bad for kids?

my two year old is always in my purse stealing mine, i know they are loaded with sugar but are they actually bad for her past the sugar?

zoejains_momma

Asked by zoejains_momma at 10:52 AM on Mar. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• They are 2 calorie candies so health wise I am guessing they must not have much in terms of sugar. The are smaller then a quarter which is the size generally needed for a child to choke. Other then annoying because they are going into your purse lol I would say there are probably worse things out there.

Answer by gemgem at 11:04 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• possible choking hazard I guess

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:53 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I don't know I was kinda scared to give them to my four year old.. but I just watch her carefully and make sure she bites it.. I don't know if their bad for her.. just a mint??
    MissLoveLyfe

Answer by MissLoveLyfe at 11:00 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Other than being a choking hazard, containing chemically processed materials, and plenty of sugar... it is just like any other candy.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:02 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• naa, I think its just the sugar thats not very good for her...but I suppose she could choke as well, but that goes with anything she puts in her mouth.... I think as long as you are giving her just a few, then she should be ok, if she brushes her teeth.... (I LOVE tic tacs...lol but I consume them by the container...so I try to stay away if I can!!)
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 11:05 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• They arnt GOOD for them. Easy to choke on if you ask me. And once you take out the sugar what do you have? A few drops of an artificial flavor and coloring. That cant be good for anyone.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:22 AM on Mar. 26, 2011