Wanting to transfer slides to prints? Have you done this?

I have slides from 45 years ago that I want to make prints to put in scrap books. Thanks for info.

Librarylady60

Asked by Librarylady60 at 10:58 AM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Technology

• You can take them to any one hour photo lab and have them sent out. Now, there's always a risk they'll ruin the slide, lose them, or print them wrong.  No photo lab, unless a specialty does them in store though. Or you can invest in a higher end Digital Negative/Slide Scanner.

http://www.amazon.com/Wolverine-F2D300-Negatives-Digital-Converter/dp/B004I1K4TY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1301152607&sr=8-2

Such as that one. DO YOUR RESEARCH! Digital Scanners of that kind are not created equal. Imagelab is HORRID! I an Imagelab and the scans are super saturated, yellow, and magenta. Not anything close to what the actual photograph looks like.

Or you can get a flatbed scanner ...

JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:19 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• My parents did this and took them to Walgreen. They came out very good.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:20 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• A flat bed Scanner such as ... http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/ProductCategory.do?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=-8172 ... Those differ in quality as well. So with any scanner, flatbed or otherwise you should do your research. Read all reviews from as many websites as you can of the same product, so you get a as much consumer information as you can. Read the specs and really just educate yourself on one that would best suit your needs.

JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:21 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• If you do take them to a Walgreen or Wal-Mart place just take the a couple of them to run a test run to see how they turn out. Also, to see how the service is and whether you run the risk of damage or loosing them. I done one through the mail but that was years ago and it turn out fine.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 12:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I did it with a slide scanner and I had boxes and boxes of 35mm so it took a number of weeks but at least I didn't have to pay big bucks for the conversion to digital format.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:33 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• We used Costco Digital services. It took about a week and worth every penny! They also converted VHS and mini camera tapes to dvd so we could watch old family movies.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 5:36 PM on Mar. 30, 2011