For those that are divorced what was the final straw?

Darla47

Asked by Darla47 at 11:05 AM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• I divorced my ex because he was cheating on me. I saw him as nothing but a liar and a cheat and there was no way I could ever be with someone who cheated, lied and disrespected me. I dont give second chances.

Answer by gemgem at 11:08 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I guess it was when he was letting his girlfriends use my sexy nightclothes and toys. He worked grave and I worked days. Perfect for him. When I got home from work I found my stuff on the floor in the bedroom. I didn't leave them there...ever.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 11:11 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• The final straw was that I had apnea (a side effect of surgery) and he didn't even try to stay home for the kids and I.. he just left for a month 3 days after my surgery! I had to have someone call every 2-3 hours a night to make sure I was okay so that I knew if something happened someone would know to come take care of the children. I just couldn't deal with how selfish he was anymore.. there was a LONG list of things that got us to that point but putting the kids in danger and not caring was the final straw.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:13 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Walking in on him in bed with my BFF who I knew since we were 2 y.o.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:16 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• The last straw was when my ex(at that time husband) told me he was sleeping with the girl we took in to help her out... I told him to pack his stuff and get out.
    terep001

Answer by terep001 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• It was when my 4 year old autistic son shoved me and called me a 'f'ing bitch' because this is what he heard and saw from his dad on a daily basis. I realized I was not helping my son. I made plans and left a few months later.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:20 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• When he said I was a leach and it was okay because most women were users off of men.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:21 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• when i divorced my ex it was because he was controlling abusive and a drug abuser. the last straw was being pinned against a wall and being choked. i got over it and somehow got him off the floor lifting his 6 ft 2 body up and told him that he would never do it again that i was done and leving. we had no kids so it did make it easier for me to leave. now i am with current hubby and i am glad.
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 11:23 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Ex husband put his bad habits first did not want to change...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 1:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I got sick of the roller coaster. He wanted me, he didn't want me. He did, he didn't.
    He held a gun to my head one night. He'd shove me around, didn't want me around friends and family. We got evicted, and he didn't want me moving with him, so I went to my parents. The roller coaster continued. I finally got sick of it, and filed for divorce. He never even showed up for court, but then again, he had gotten himself discharged from the military, so IDK if he was even in town anymore.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 1:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2011