Why do my girls act like this when daddy comes home?

My husband has been doing training for 3 weeks and was 3 hours from home so he has been gone the entire time. In those 3 weeks my girls have been angels! They go to bed when they are told, they listen to me, and have been eating everything I put on their plate. Daddy came home 2 days ago and all of a sudden they are acting so rotten! They aren't listening, they are not eating, and will not go to bed! I am not doing anything different with them and have not been stressed or anything of the sort. Could this be an attention thing? What should I do?

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 11:31 AM on Mar. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes it is an attention thing. You have two going on. First they want your 110% attention because they are used to not having to share you. Second they want HIS 110% attention because he has not been home.

Answer by gemgem at 11:33 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• OMG my son does that when i come home S/O is like he is sooo spoiled when your home n when your gone hes an angel blah idk
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 11:33 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I agree with gemgem.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Yes, they are doing it for attention, both for yours and for his... but also they are testing the limits because the dinamic of the house has changed. They want to see if the rules are still in place or if they have been altered now that Dad is back.
    Stick to your guns. Make sure there are consiquesnces to their unnacceptable behavior - and get dad to back you up! Let the kids see that you are both on the same team and have the same rules.
    As for the attention seeking: give it to them! Praise them for when they do something right, ask them for help with things, set aside some special one on one time as well as some family fun time.
    Don't forget to tell them & have dad tell them "I love you" - and bust out extra hugs and kisses for a while.
    1Katrina

Answer by 1Katrina at 3:39 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• to get attatend my daughters do the same thing.
    kittycat813

Answer by kittycat813 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2011