Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What fertilit treatments do you recommend?

Hi Ladies,

My DH and I are TTC. I had surgery for severe endometriosis last year, and there is a decent amount of scar tissue; we may end up having to take fertility treatments. Are there any you ladies recommend? Something tried-and-true?

Thanks so much in advance!

Answer Question

Asked by OmbreGracieuse at 11:45 AM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

Level 9 (351 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Go to a Reproductive Specialist ONLY, NOT a regular OBGYN. They specialize in getting you pregnant not a reg. OBGYN. Don't waste your time & money. Start with a RS first. GL.

    Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:49 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

  • I have only one answer, the way i did it. My Dr. told me i needed a hysterectomy, everything removed. My infection was so bad they wanted me to have it done that week. I wanted a Son, so i told the Dr. NO! I set my mind to know that i would have a Son like i still pray for needs today. I picture it happening, pray to God continually no matter where you are. You can pray in your mind silently also. I told God how much i wanted a Son etc... I prepared for it, and knew it was going to happen. You cannot have any doubt, as if you have the baby inside you already. My infection went away 30 days later i was expecting my Son. i had no infection throughout the pregnancy. My Dr. said it's impossible to clear up so fast on your own. It wasn't on my own :) As soon as my Son was born, my infection came back and i had the surgery.

    Answer by mollybleu at 6:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

  • hi, i had that scar tissue on my uterus wall before & my doctor freezed it...i suggest you ask your doctor bout freezing it too... that way you might get a better chance in trying to conceive...after the procedure i have no discomfort during sex... my hubby n i are trying to conceive too & trying to see if fertibella works... i have a doc appt then we will start fertibella... goodluck with your health n trying to conceive...^_^

    Answer by jkkpotters at 5:21 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

  • Like the first poster said, go to an RE only. They will walk you through everything.

    Answer by SouthernMama08 at 9:08 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.