Are they starving him?

My youngest son is 4 months old, and I recently went back to work and enrolled him in a reputable daycare at a church in town. They keep a tracking sheet showing what times he eats/sleeps/diaper changes and how much he eats at a feeding. They show he only eats 2 oz at a time, maybe 3-4 times a day (he's there 9 hours), but at home on weekends he eats 6 oz easily every 4 hours w/ no problem. At night during the week he eats nonstop once he gets home to the point he throws up, and gets up to eat 3-4 times a night. How can I get them to understand they need to feed him more? Are they just bored holding him or what?

plylerjones

Asked by plylerjones at 6:44 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• make ur own sheet and give it to them,tell them he eats this much around this time and so on.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 6:45 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• tell them how much he eats at home and please bump it up
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 6:45 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• He could be either stressed or distracted while eating with all the activities going on around him. He may eat more at home due to feeling secure and loved.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 6:47 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I would draw out a timetable of what he eats at home and give it to them and ask them if they could follow it, don't make it sound like you're accusing them of starving him before, and it should be fine.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 6:47 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Thanks ladies! I did give them a sheet listing his naptimes and feedings with amounts, and at first he was the only baby in the daycare. Now my husband tells me they have ten kids with only 2-3 staff on duty! That's why we're wondering if they just feed him enough to keep him quiet and then move on to another baby. If they followed his pattern at home then they'd have alot less work to do! He eats and sleeps great on the weekends, solid 2-3 hour naps and only gets up once at night (bed by 7, up for the day at 630)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:53 PM on Nov. 26, 2008