Is it hard for woman who have had fertility problems to hear that someone they know is pregnant?

And in another turn on the question if you are the one who is pregnant would you have a hard time telling someone with fertility issue that you or pregnant?

slick05

Asked by slick05 at 6:49 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I think it depends entirely upon the person in question.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 6:50 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• If I was pregnant and I had to tell a friend or family member that has been trying for longer than I have, I would definitely feel awkward. I would understand them being upset but also would want family and friends to be happy for me... that is a very delicate situation, so I just hope that everyone involved in it is mature. If I was having fertility trouble, I would feel jealous if a friend or family member got pregnant first, but it isn't THEIR fault that I am infertile, and they certainly shouldn't hold back their life just because of my problems!
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 6:52 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• personally i couldnt say if it would be hard to hear that someone was pregnant cause i never had any problems but it was really hard for me to tell my brother and his wife because they have been trying to have a baby for almost 2 years now... I felt so bad.... but now she is having her own so i guess everything worked out ok...
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 6:52 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• i had a miscarriage so I kind of know how painful it is. It's terrible and women who have fertility problems have a really hard time. When i was pregnant with my daughter I always was afraid of meeting someone who had a miscarriage or who cant have any kids at all. I actually felt guilty of being pregnant, because i knew the pain of losing a child or in the case of your question not being able to have kids.

Of course I was happy about being pregnant, but i was careful about my happy-pregnancy-feelings when i was with ppl i didnt know that well.

A good friend of mine has fertility problems. I was afraid of telling her that i was pregnant. We live in different states so it wasnt hard to hide the belly. I didnt tell her until our daughter was born. And I felt so bad about telling her. I felt sorry and wished i could help her. After 6 or 7 years of trying she finally got pregnant though.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:56 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• My sister has been trying for ten years and just found out she is due april 22 with a boy and i just found out im 5 weeks prego. I was scared to tell her but she is so happy and excited. Im due July 30th and we are hoping for buys together.. People with problems like that know that when they finally do get PG its there time and they are happy when others can continue with there life.. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• It took me 16 months to conceive my daughter and 18 months to conceive this time around. Though I was feeling sorry for myself a bit, I never really felt anger towards other people who were getting pregnant, like some other women do sometimes.

I felt some pretty harsh resentment when good friends got pregnant immediately after getting married & stopping the pill, and it really came as a surprise for me. I love them to death and I'm so very happy for them.

The funny thing is that I ended up getting pregnant less than a week after finding out their good news!
    aenima49

Answer by aenima49 at 9:40 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I have been TTC since January and I now know 12 people who are pregnant. I am soo happy for them! But I am also becoming depressed. I am trying to figure out what is wrong with me and I have cried about it. BUT it is not my friends and family's fault that I cannot conceive right now, so my sadness would never be put on them. I am truly happy for all of them. Noone knows that I am having issues conceiving.
    nazratred

Answer by nazratred at 1:52 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• it seemed like during the two years i was trying to conceive EVERYBODY i knew got pregnant! lol i think they were worried about telling me, but i was always very happy for each of them. then, after i got pregnant with twins through fertility treatments, i saw a girl that i used to work with who i hadn't seen in a long time. i excitedly told her that i had finally gotten pregnant...then, a few minutes after i talked to her, i remembered that she had found out a while back she couldn't have children. i felt soooo bad! so i've actually been on both sides of your question!
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 10:37 PM on Nov. 30, 2008