What do you do when your sick and the kids are driving you insane?

I have a terrible head cold, my kids are 5 and 3...the ex is picking them up in about 3 hours but I think I might be dead by then. I ate chicken noodle soup, put pippy longstocking on for them to watch and am trying not to pass out until the kids's father gets here. Any other ideas?

Sessy89

Asked by Sessy89 at 12:08 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• Have patience when your ex picks them up you can sleep. There's alight at the end of the tunnel but at the present time your children are young they need you now. Just a suggestion can you lay on the couch and have them watch a child's movie?
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 12:13 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• ?? Just deal with it. Maybe you could call him and ask if he can come get them early. Set them up with a video game. Block off the other rooms. Just let them play.
    Go get oscillo.com. there is a $2 off coupon at that site. It really helps.
    Anonymous

• They are watching a video in the living room. We don't video games in this house. Anyone know any home remedies for a cold, I tried Chicken soup....I have cough syrup but it will put me to sleep...one of my kids is autistic and the other is incredibly frustrating lol. I have been eating Tylenol all morning...can't think of anything else to take then Tylenol.
    Sessy89

Comment by Sessy89 (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Me personally...I make them go outside. But my kids are 10, 9, 8 and 5. Either they go outside or they stay far away from me (as in the other living room or in their bedrooms).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• oh that would be wonderful, but mine are too young and my autistic one would take off lol....
    Sessy89

Comment by Sessy89 (original poster) at 12:23 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• When I'm sick, I will pile up in the bed with the kids and put on some cartoons, or a program we all find interesting and I'll just doze while they watch.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:36 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I agree with fist,, I'd get them to lay with you and tell them take care of mommy that you are really sick, my son is 5 and a big helper when i am sick. Bribes help..lol maybe a special snack for being good boys when mommy is sick...lol good luck! Feel better!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 2:07 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I throw on a movie, and rest on the couch. I feel like hell today, but it is Saturday, so DH has the kids today while I rest. whew!!
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 3:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2011