Should Unfit Humans Be Banned From Breeding?

Would it be better for Unfit Humans, who Breed/Bred Children that were put in Foster Care/Or the Children they Bred were placed for Adoption through CPS. To have been/be Sterilised.

This way Society won't have to deal with, The Existence of Humans Bred by Unfit Humans.

Society has a right to not have to put up with, Unfit Humans Bred into Existence by Unfit Humans.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Adoption

• How would u kno these ppl would b bad parents till after they have a child tho?
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 12:11 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• What a weird, weird question this is.

While it's nice to think about stopping abusers, addicts, or other potentially crappy parents from reproducing, who gets to decide who is unfit?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• i wish there was a vote down button for this question
    Anonymous

• That sounds very much like the ideas that Hitler and the Nazi party had. You can't restrict people from reproducing, but maybe those on welfare should lose benefits after having so many kids. I know in one case a woman who had 7 children had them all taken away and put up for adoption because she was neglectful and abusive to them. The worst thing is that this woman is borderline retarded and her children all have learning or developmental disabilities. They are now with families that can better care for them and in many cases these families request disabled children because there are so many people who can't handle them. I could see where you might want to restrict this woman's breeding. Welfare told her that in order for her to get more assistance from them she had to be "fixed" but it was her choice. If she had gotten pregnant again, the baby would be taken away at birth.
    Sessy89

Answer by Sessy89 at 12:16 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Not possible. Besides it sounds like you want to punish the children for the sins of the parent. Sterilize a child, once it reaches adulthood, because it's parents were deemed by someone to be unfit? Sounds too much like playing god to me.

I have two wonderful, caring, compassionate, kind, energetic, loving children. To go by your theory I would have been sterilized and not had them simply because MY parents are alcoholics.

So No, your idea is not a good one, nor is it feasible.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes, I think to myself that some people shouldn't have children, but who am I to decide that. That would be overstepping a whole bunch. IMO, reproducing is a basic right; although, I feel privileged to have my little man. Sterilization without consent is a crime; government has NO say over my OWN body. That would being way too much power to the government.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 12:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Hello.. Its America!!!!! No its not fair to take away that right to breed because youuuu think they are unfit. The " Unfit" person has the right to make the "right" decision and if they can't its all on them. Doesn't matter what anyone thinks or its an inconvenience to you.There is Abortion and Adoption. That person who may or not be able to take care of their offspring can make their OWN decision. God will work things out. Its not meant for anyone else to decide what happens to them or their kids.
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 12:25 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Society has a right to not have to put up with, Unfit Humans Bred into Existence by Unfit Humans.

How is that a RIGHT? I don't even think that is true. If that was ALWAYS the case, I would be an UNFIT HUMAN and my mother would be UNFIT, also. This is some of the stupidest reasoning I have ever seen.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 12:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Who decides who is an unfit human and who is not? The era of eugenics is long past. I think you are a century behind.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:31 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Google Carrie Buck. The sickening part is that we're the ones who gave the Nazis the idea. I'm not for taking away a HUMAN right. Even more sickening is that there's someone who apparently still has this way of thinking - no wonder you went anonymous. I'd be ashamed to admit my identity, too.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 26, 2011